This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Website not accepting IP address.

#1tigerslashIIPosted 8/6/2014 2:42:44 AM
I can't access a website because of my IP address. I know I wasn't banned from the site as my account is still active and I can access it from my cell phone or using a proxy, however my home IP is unable to connect on any of my computers. What could cause this?
---
Get a loada this guy here.
#2Saga3Posted 8/6/2014 3:06:02 AM
What website?
#3tigerslashII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 3:39:36 AM
It's an art site that allows adult images, so I can't say. However, it appears to be working now after I connected my laptop to my cell phone's internet and browsed the site that way. I switched back to my normal wireless connection and everything's fine across all my machines.

It's the darnedest thing.
---
#4ATARIJAWAPosted 8/6/2014 4:03:15 AM
Deviant art freak.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117
#5ChetyrePosted 8/6/2014 5:19:19 AM
Your IP probably rotates, so it is feasible (however unlikely) that you temporarily got an IP that someone else got banned.
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#6tigerslashII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 6:42:48 AM
It's making me wonder what the hell caused it to happen in the first place. A rotating IP might make sense except I'm was still IP banned from a forum I used to frequent, so yeah. My friend suggested I was "hacked," I don't even know how that would even be possible. Even if it was possible, idk why they would specifically try to keep me out of one website.
---
#7verycornyPosted 8/6/2014 7:27:56 AM
tigerslashII posted...
It's making me wonder what the hell caused it to happen in the first place. A rotating IP might make sense except I'm was still IP banned from a forum I used to frequent, so yeah. My friend suggested I was "hacked," I don't even know how that would even be possible. Even if it was possible, idk why they would specifically try to keep me out of one website.

To protect you from hands injury, that's all I can think of, you did say is an adu... I mean art website right.
---
PSN/Steam - verycorny
3DS Friend Code - 0001-3307-3720
#8ShubPosted 8/6/2014 7:38:17 AM
So what's the actual error message? Is it a browser error message like if you go to http://www.uijdimosadsuaio.com, or does the browser connect to the website fine and then the website tells you your IP is banned?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#9tigerslashII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 2:19:15 PM
The message chrome gave me was it found the server but was unable to locate the data it required or was looking for or w/e. A simple proxy bypassed this.
---