This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any PC exclusive Survival Horror games that aren't in 1st person?

#1AdalwulfyPosted 8/6/2014 3:46:53 AM
In other words, nothing like Amnesia or the like (as much I love that too), but rather it's in 3rd person and ISN'T on a console.
---
For anyone confused about what makes a game a JRPG or WRPG, please educate yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_rvM6hubs8
#2SpazH3dPosted 8/6/2014 3:55:38 AM
The game Shelter. Seriously. That's some horrifying stuff.

For some reason there is no third person tag on this page. Unless I'm blind. http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Horror/
---
- My vision is augmented
#3Adalwulfy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:09:41 AM
Not quite what I was expecting lol.
But yeah, after some searching I think I'm pretty much asking for the impossible.
---
For anyone confused about what makes a game a JRPG or WRPG, please educate yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_rvM6hubs8
#4brotrrwinnerPosted 8/6/2014 4:11:32 AM
Martian Gothic
---
September 21st, 2008
Never forget
#5thefabregas22Posted 8/6/2014 5:59:34 AM
I can't think of any tbh, actually the only 3rd person survival horrors I can think of right now is evil within which is coming to the pc I think and fatal frame which is wii u only.

Though if you ask me evil within looks like it plays like the last of us which means it plays with crappy stealth mechanics
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#6JrambharosePosted 8/6/2014 6:06:00 AM
Project zomboid or maybe resident evil. Outlast is first person but definitely worth checking out.
---
[M18X_R2 i7-3630QM SLI GTX680M 16GB RAM 240GB mSATA SSD 2x750GB 1x320GB HDD]
[GS70 i7-4700HQ GTX765M 16GB RAM 2x128GB SSD Super RAID 1x1TB HDD]
#7dunkisPosted 8/6/2014 7:12:32 AM
Doesn't it defeat half the purpose of horror if you're doing it in 3rd person? Then you're separating yourself from the character, you feel less immersed, and then it's not as scary.
---
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf
#8Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 8/6/2014 7:31:50 AM
dunkis posted...
Doesn't it defeat half the purpose of horror if you're doing it in 3rd person? Then you're separating yourself from the character, you feel less immersed, and then it's not as scary.

It's all about perspective. For some, it's scary knowing you controlled a person into doing something horrible and being able to see what you did to them is an active reminder.

As for 1st person games, I've never felt like I was the main character.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#9OmegaBladesPosted 8/6/2014 8:04:54 AM
brotrrwinner posted...
Martian Gothic

Not exclusive, but the alternative is a quickly ported PS1 version sold at a bargain bin price. Fun game. Think of it as a proto-Dead Space, except with 3 playable characters.

dunkis posted...

Not at all. I actually prefer 3rd person gameplay when it comes to horror games. You don't get to see yourself get dismembered or eaten upon in 1st person games. Which is cool to watch if you get killed.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#10BuyersRemorse55Posted 8/6/2014 8:13:55 AM
I prefer 3rd person cause I like to see my character. I never felt like the character was me in an FPS game lol. That's just silly.