This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am i an outcast or the future? All pc games should support a controller!

#1VoelgerPosted 8/6/2014 4:35:29 AM
All games! RTS, fps, RPG, etc...

I use big picture, I stream to my nvidia shield products, I almost never play at my desk anymore. With steam machines coming, PC gaming should make the change. Diablo 3, guild wars 2, divinity original sin, starbound, and even civ beyond should all support full controller use. Heck I would even love it if a moba did too.
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.2.1
#2water1111Posted 8/6/2014 4:36:42 AM
No, If you want full controller support just get a console instead.
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#3MarceloSampaioPosted 8/6/2014 4:41:01 AM
I don't mind if a game has controller support, as long as its COMPLETELY optional, and the interface hasn't suffered to make it easier for controller users (yes, Skyrim, I'm looking at you!!).

I HATE using a controller on pretty much every game I play.
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#4InterfusorPosted 8/6/2014 4:51:35 AM
And I say consoles should have full KB/M support.
---
I am not economically viable.
#5Xtreme-VoidPosted 8/6/2014 4:55:57 AM
All newer PC game should compatible with any input device whether it controller or mouse and keyboard.
It's PC power and show a different class.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#6Z_hunter91Posted 8/6/2014 4:59:16 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
I don't mind if a game has controller support, as long as its COMPLETELY optional, and the interface hasn't suffered to make it easier for controller users (yes, Skyrim, I'm looking at you!!).

This. Nothing more to add.
---
Pokemon Y: 1418-7097-6280 (Simon).
Flying: Spearow | Swanna | Rufflet
#7Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 5:06:30 AM
I love PC, there are just so many games that's are for mouse and keyboard that I would love to play.
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.2.1
#8alonlinePosted 8/6/2014 5:43:26 AM(edited)
Well, if the control for games like starcraft and civilization is better with controller i would gladly use controller. But as of right now its better with mouse and keyboard.
#9MarceloSampaioPosted 8/6/2014 5:43:30 AM
Voelger posted...
I love PC, there are just so many games that's are for mouse and keyboard that I would love to play.

You can always download a program like ControlMK. This can be used to control your mouse and some KB keys with a controller.

http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/

---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#10_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/6/2014 5:50:58 AM(edited)
This may be a trolling attempt but I am going to give a serious answer.

The problem here is that some games cannot be made for controller without significantly changing the mechanics and game design. Think of a game like Starcraft 2 for example. Sure, it could be altered to work on console, but not without giving up some aspects of gameplay on PC.

We have already seen it in a lot of genres. Shooters nowadays all have ADS mechanics and have auto-aim enabled on the console. This is pretty much just a way to adapt them so they can be played with a controller. I am not hating on them or saying this is always a bad thing, but it does limit what you can do in terms of game design. Complex RTS or fast arena style FPS will never again be released if developers do what you propose.

I think controller support is a good thing. But not every game in every genre should be created to work with a controller. Some of my favorite genres would pretty much just disappear if that were to happen.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Zowie EC1 Evo White