This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am i an outcast or the future? All pc games should support a controller!

#11Atrix65Posted 8/6/2014 5:57:49 AM
As long as its optional, I don't really mind.

But in my humblest of opinions, I prefer not to have a controller support in RTS games, even MOBAs. It feels just a bit... off. But as of other genres, then it's probably okay. But again, I prefer it as optional. PC is to KB+M as Console is to Controller.
---
A big fan of stealth yet suck at it since 2009.
#12MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/6/2014 6:04:52 AM
Uh, no. Not all games.

I'm mainly talking about RTS games and other Keyboard-focused games. There's absolutely no reason to have Controller mappings for RTSes, or FPSes.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#13HappyHippo04Posted 8/6/2014 6:26:53 AM
Voelger posted...
All games! RTS, fps, RPG, etc...

I use big picture, I stream to my nvidia shield products, I almost never play at my desk anymore. With steam machines coming, PC gaming should make the change. Diablo 3, guild wars 2, divinity original sin, starbound, and even civ beyond should all support full controller use. Heck I would even love it if a moba did too.

That idea is bad and you should feel bad.
---
PC | Wii U | 3DSXL | Vita
FC: 4639-9367-1408
#14DiviDudePosted 8/6/2014 6:58:38 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
I don't mind if a game has controller support, as long as its COMPLETELY optional, and the interface hasn't suffered to make it easier for controller users (yes, Skyrim, I'm looking at you!!).

I HATE using a controller on pretty much every game I play.
#15TitanStrikePosted 8/6/2014 7:22:33 AM
I want consoles with kb+m support sand games on PC with controller support. All input systems should work everywhere.
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#16GoldninjaPosted 8/6/2014 7:25:29 AM
Some games suffer by being designed with a controller in mind. Skyrim would be an utter pita to navigate without SkyUI.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#17BuyersRemorse55Posted 8/6/2014 7:27:34 AM
I love my controller but no way I'd want to use a controller for any strategy games. Even D3, as nice as the controller was on console, I think Id stick to mouse, all though the option might be nice since it does exist in an excellent form on console.

I do believe going forward a lot more games will have controller support, but you can esily get wireless mouse and keyboards and have them in your lap and such. I do understand slobbing up on your couch that might not always be ideal you might have tough it out for certain games or use xpadder and make your own controller support.

I doubt where going to see games like Original Sin and SC2 get controller support and neither will similar future titles
#18DAP1MP13Posted 8/6/2014 7:27:47 AM
All PC games should support controllers, and all console games should support keyboard/mouse.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN ID: DAP1MP13
#19KillerTrufflePosted 8/6/2014 7:53:38 AM
I'd just love the TC to explain how a game like Supreme Commander or StarCraft would work well with a controller. Yes, I realize it's been done before, but it was a weaker game for it. Too many concessions were made for StarCraft 64 to make it even work - things like a single menu to select *all* upgrades from, automatically assigned workers, etc. And even then, it was still sorely limited - a maximum of 4 control groups, for instance.

RTS by its very nature simply doesn't support the level of play with a gamepad that you'd get with a KB/mouse. There aren't NEARLY enough hotkeys. The difference between PC and console on RTS games is even greater than it is with FPS.

There are some genres that simply do not work well with a controller.

Tell me, how do you envision playing Typing of the Dead with a 360 controller?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#20dementedlullabyPosted 8/6/2014 7:55:00 AM
ALL games is silly. RTS with a controller is just not going to work well. It's been proven time and time again.

I think most modern games, especially if they have a console counterpart, should have controller support though. Especially for single player experience it really doesn't matter what control scheme you prefer. Batman Arkham and AC series for example just plays better/feels more natural with a controller in my opinion.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death