This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MMO or MMORPG Recommendation

#1ZirocrathPosted 8/6/2014 6:15:56 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm in search for a MMO or MMORPG to kill time and have some different experiences.

I've been around 2 weeks looking around mmohut and others, but I'm not decided.

I have played WoW for a long time, but the real fun for me was Ultima Online, an amazing game in which you were able to do almost everything that you would want.
I'd go back to Ultima, but viewing the new games that have been coming around it feels like it falls short on some aspects, also, the 70 camera is a bit annoying.

What I'm looking for is a F2P game that's different from WoW, at least in the major aspects, like I don't like having a HUB overpopulated with icons and stuff and having to recur to macros.
I have been watching gameplay of Perfect World, and other Arc Games, but they seem exactly what I'm not looking for.

Ryzom was something interesting, but in the gameplay videos I've seen looks boring :(

So here I am asking you for something different that may or may not exist. Just to clarify, I'm not interested in EVE (or the likes) or any facebook/card games or MOBAs.

I hope you can give me a hand with this.
#2SchoolRumblePosted 8/6/2014 7:11:25 AM
If you dont care about graphics try Tibia, other than that nothing really comes to mind. Sounds like you're looking more for real life rather than a game.
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/6/2014 7:52:33 AM
I hate MMOs, but I remember Lord Of the Rings Online being free, look into that?
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#4BuyersRemorse55Posted 8/6/2014 8:22:26 AM(edited)
Guild Wars 2 might work for you but you gotta buy the game initially, but there is no monthly fee.

There are no quests like WoW with a bunch of guys in a camp with ! over their heads. If you want to level in PVE you basically can clear zones. Each zone has about 10-16 renown quests to do which vary wildy. Often times there are public events going on you can clear that will also give you additional exp upon completion and completeion toward the renown quest. You also get exp by harvesting, crafting, uncovering the whole map by finding vista points, points of interested and waypoints. And you can work on your personal quest which is a series of quests you do as you level to the cap. The game also has an entire PVP area which you can do some efficient leveling in. Plus there are new events every 2 weeks, but sometimes those for higher level players. Of course you got dungeosn sprinkled all through the game starting at level 30 and veteran dungeons and fractals at the cap. There is no raiding.

Anyways, I don't think your gonna find what your looking for in a 100% complete free to play game.
#5Dirk85UKPosted 8/6/2014 8:22:46 AM
TC, recently I heard that Ultima servers are shutting down for good.
---
GTX 780ti SC / i7 4770k / 16gb RAM / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / 840 Pro Basic / Seasonic X-850 / Dell U2711
#6Zirocrath(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 8:27:12 AM
Thanks for the replies..

Guess I'm bound to failure in this quest.

GW2 called my attention a lot, and did The Secret World, but after I run an analysis on my notebook I'm unable to play them...

I guess I'd rather keep looking until something comes up
#7Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 8/6/2014 8:37:08 AM(edited)
There's a lot of those kind of games... but I wouldn't recommend any of them. They're all either terrible, dead, or are 14+ years old and you've probably already played them.

Everything worth a crap seems to be copying the EQ/WoW formula these days. Even the upcoming influx of pseudo-"sandbox" MMO's (Archeage, Black Desert, EQ:N, Shroud of the Avatar, etc) follow the tired formula more than they'd like you to believe.

I'm kinda looking for this magical game too (I'm more concerned with content than presentation though, as that's one aspect I don't mind of the EQ-clones), but it doesn't seem to want to exist anymore.
#8Dirk85UKPosted 8/6/2014 8:52:43 AM
Sir_Meowcat_Esq posted...
There's a lot of those kind of games... but I wouldn't recommend any of them. They're all either terrible, dead, or are 14+ years old and you've probably already played them.

Everything worth a crap seems to be copying the EQ/WoW formula these days. Even the upcoming influx of pseudo-"sandbox" MMO's (Archeage, Black Desert, EQ:N, Shroud of the Avatar, etc) follow the tired formula more than they'd like you to believe.

I'm kinda looking for this magical game too (I'm more concerned with content than presentation though, as that's one aspect I don't mind of the EQ-clones), but it doesn't seem to want to exist anymore.

For the last 6 years, Blizzard have been working on their next MMO. Hopefully they will innovate and bring us something fresh and new.
---
GTX 780ti SC / i7 4770k / 16gb RAM / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / 840 Pro Basic / Seasonic X-850 / Dell U2711
#9Zirocrath(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 10:01:27 AM
As time passes by, anything that brings something new to the table is welcomed...
Sadly for me, the only 2 that may have that option (GW2, TSW) are not running on my notebook.

I'm actually looking in the Linux database of MMO and its much more varied than the one in MMOHUT lol
#10foodeater4Posted 8/6/2014 10:30:48 AM(edited)
Dirk85UK posted...
Sir_Meowcat_Esq posted...

For the last 6 years, Blizzard have been working on their next MMO. Hopefully they will innovate and bring us something fresh and new.

actually in 2013 all work on titan was put on hold and being reassessed and the employees were moved onto other teams. Earliest we will hear of any new blizz mmo is 2016