This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you love your PC and want to give it something nice this year...

#1noname278Posted 8/6/2014 7:16:36 AM(edited)
You could always pick up the beta for Elite:Dangerous or the finished product when it comes out. If you like space, trucking and space docking(if ya know what I mean) this the game is for you, heck or anyone who loves their PC.
---
Specs Desktop: Intel i5 2500K 4.0Ghz(H80i cooler), Asus Sabertooth Z77 ,16gb ddr3 1600 ram, 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD,EVGA 780 Ti
FC: 3024-5599-8048
#2Fade2black001Posted 8/6/2014 7:19:18 AM
what?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3water1111Posted 8/6/2014 7:19:45 AM
80 bucks for a demo is crazy, why doesn't the developer debug his own goddamn game? Why are people PAYING to beta test an unfinished game. This is why PC gaming has gone down the toilet, dumbass customers.
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#4Fade2black001Posted 8/6/2014 7:21:42 AM
water1111 posted...
80 bucks for a demo is crazy, why doesn't the developer debug his own goddamn game? Why are people PAYING to beta test an unfinished game. This is why PC gaming has gone down the toilet, dumbass customers.

EXACTLY!
---
#5SinisterSlayPosted 8/6/2014 7:25:09 AM
water1111 posted...

Ah s*** I am going to agree with the steam hater....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6HappyHippo04Posted 8/6/2014 7:30:11 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
what?

Elite: Dangerous is game in the works that is similar to the whole Star Citizen thing. Fully crowd funded, etc. It has a much smaller player base though and the pricing to just be able to play the demo/Beta is utterly ridiculous. Where as in Star Citizen you could buy into Beta and Alpha with a $30 ship package.
---
PC | Wii U | 3DSXL | Vita
FC: 4639-9367-1408
#7Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 8/6/2014 7:33:04 AM
HappyHippo04 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
what?

Elite: Dangerous is game in the works that is similar to the whole Star Citizen thing. Fully crowd funded, etc. It has a much smaller player base though and the pricing to just be able to play the demo/Beta is utterly ridiculous. Where as in Star Citizen you could buy into Beta and Alpha with a $30 ship package.

I think both are taking advantage of people's money, but what they do with it, is what will dictate if those actions will continue.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#8Fade2black001Posted 8/6/2014 7:34:14 AM
HappyHippo04 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
what?

And the company doing the Star Citizen clone...? Doesn't see the error in this? When clearly SC is better in every way and cheaper. Geez.... I saw a vid on SC it looked amazing if Sci-FI is your thing. I also read an article about SC where the devs said the console are too lackluster in hardware to handle there game. It was great and all devs should think like they do.
---
#9HappyHippo04Posted 8/6/2014 9:42:11 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
HappyHippo04 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
what?

And the company doing the Star Citizen clone...? Doesn't see the error in this? When clearly SC is better in every way and cheaper. Geez.... I saw a vid on SC it looked amazing if Sci-FI is your thing. I also read an article about SC where the devs said the console are too lackluster in hardware to handle there game. It was great and all devs should think like they do.

Yeah, I agree that SC will in the end be a much better product. But that is because of funding and the size of the fan base. Calling E: Dangerous a clone is off the mark though; since the Elite series has been around for awhile and Elite went into production/public mind before SC was even announced as an official project too the public.

It also is not the huge over arching space sim that SC is, slightly different genre variation.
---
PC | Wii U | 3DSXL | Vita
FC: 4639-9367-1408
#10KillerTrufflePosted 8/6/2014 9:48:37 AM
I think before I get that, I'd get the HOTAS Warthog and a good set of pedals. Which is expensive enough I don't see that happening any time soon. But still really want.

Also, I'd let the game come down to normal price. Pre-funding games has become much more obviously risky the past few weeks with all the things that have been happening... Yogventures, Stomping Land, etc. Especially when you pay more than you would for a completed game, you have to be *super* ultra careful about what you fund. Heck, even Star Citizen is questionable at this point - seems it could be a *slight* bit more ambitious than they really intended.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23