This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does it feel like we're getting ripped off with SF4 Ultra?

#1bigbadharryPosted 8/6/2014 12:13:18 PM
It seems cheaper on console?

I never bought it before because of Windows Live. Now if I want to buy it I have to buy AE and Ultra seems expensive for both. I'm rather going to wait for it to be in a sale for cheap.
#2xxFierceFirexxPosted 8/6/2014 12:18:28 PM
bigbadharry posted...

I never bought it before because of Windows Live. Now if I want to buy it I have to buy AE and Ultra seems expensive for both. I'm rather going to wait for it to be in a sale for cheap.

You dont have to buy both. Last time I checked, there was an option to buy full Ultra at 29.99$ just below the upgrade.
---
"Get lose![...]" ~ M.Bison
NNID: FierceFire
#3Dirk85UKPosted 8/6/2014 12:20:24 PM
xxFierceFirexx posted...
bigbadharry posted...

You dont have to buy both. Last time I checked, there was an option to buy full Ultra at 29.99$ just below the upgrade.

The "full Ultra" is just a package with arcade edition and ultra in a bundle.
---
GTX 780ti SC / i7 4770k / 16gb RAM / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / 840 Pro Basic / Seasonic X-850 / Dell U2711
#4xxFierceFirexxPosted 8/6/2014 12:23:28 PM
Dirk85UK posted...
xxFierceFirexx posted...
bigbadharry posted...

The "full Ultra" is just a package with arcade edition and ultra in a bundle.

Still cheaper than buying both of them. Seems fair enough.
---
"Get lose![...]" ~ M.Bison
NNID: FierceFire
#5bigbadharry(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 12:23:49 PM
Yeah but it seems like quite a bit of money to pay for a copy and paste game. And it has to be a pre order.

I had SSF4 on Xbox at one stage and I've played AE on friends consoles quite a bit. So don't really see the big deal with the upgrades. A fair price would have been $15 or $20, rather going to wait for a sale.
#6GoldninjaPosted 8/6/2014 2:48:51 PM
$15 upgrade from Arcade Edition to Ultra. Not sure how it's a rip off, considering AE came out three years ago and this is a significant update.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#7GoldninjaPosted 8/6/2014 2:50:58 PM
bigbadharry posted...
Yeah but it seems like quite a bit of money to pay for a copy and paste game. And it has to be a pre order.

I had SSF4 on Xbox at one stage and I've played AE on friends consoles quite a bit. So don't really see the big deal with the upgrades. A fair price would have been $15 or $20, rather going to wait for a sale.

Balance changes. New modes. New characters. Changes that can have a big difference on gameplay. If you don't play fighters that much, then yeah, I guess you wouldn't notice the difference. To me, the difference between SFIV and SSIV AE is considerable.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#8desertmanPosted 8/6/2014 3:10:17 PM
Goldninja posted...
$15 upgrade from Arcade Edition to Ultra. Not sure how it's a rip off, considering AE came out three years ago and this is a significant update.

Other companies give updates for free.
---
about:robots
about:mozilla
#9Unsugarized_FooPosted 8/6/2014 3:16:38 PM
Its more of an expansion than update, especially if you're talking about a fighting game.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#10vashtrichamPosted 8/6/2014 3:25:02 PM
desertman posted...
Goldninja posted...

Other companies give updates for free.

Not these kind of updates, alot of work and money goes into adding new characters, rebalancing the game, new stages.
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit