This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does it feel like we're getting ripped off with SF4 Ultra?

#11Bane766Posted 8/6/2014 2:32:20 PM
Of course you are. It's Capcom lol.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#12KnifegashPosted 8/6/2014 2:36:08 PM
It really seems like the only people who like Street Fighter know the value in this package. Everyone else is insistent this is a copy-paste rush job, which it sort of is, but also isn't.
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
#13PhilOnDezPosted 8/6/2014 2:48:22 PM
desertman posted...
Goldninja posted...
$15 upgrade from Arcade Edition to Ultra. Not sure how it's a rip off, considering AE came out three years ago and this is a significant update.

Other companies give updates for free.

The problem with updates for fighters is that most tournaments only use the game as it ships, no patches, no DLC, not even unlockable characters. For players at home it's not a big deal but for tourney players who want a balanced game it's the only option.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#14thatauthorPosted 8/6/2014 2:58:17 PM
vashtricham posted...
Not these kind of updates, alot of work and money goes into adding new characters, rebalancing the game, new stages.

Not all companies work like that. The updates for Anna, Q.U.B.E and Hard Reset were all free.

Anna's update added new environments, puzzles, user interface, music, improved graphics, and a new character. it also had Photos of the real-world sawmill location(where you start), the "complete sound track, and the main character’s notebook in English and Italian.

Q.U.B.E.'s update reworked the SP campaign, which included at least one or two voice-overs, incorporated the add-on they were originally selling for like $5.99, a new musical score, and other stuff(like achievements, leaderboards, and Oculus rift support).

Hard Reset's update included five new levels, four new enemy types(which I would assume includes balancing), a new boss fight, two new survival maps, and additional achievements.

All three games are indie games too boot(and all that entails like limited budgets etc). Both Hard Reset and Q.U.B.E. are solid games(haven't beat Anna). beat both of them(Q.U.B.E before the update) and Q.U.B.E is just as good as portal in my eyes. not only that it was made by a small dev team.
---
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
#15vashtrichamPosted 8/6/2014 4:24:01 PM
thatauthor posted...
vashtricham posted...
Not these kind of updates, alot of work and money goes into adding new characters, rebalancing the game, new stages.

Not all companies work like that. The updates for Anna, Q.U.B.E and Hard Reset were all free.

Anna's update added new environments, puzzles, user interface, music, improved graphics, and a new character. it also had Photos of the real-world sawmill location(where you start), the "complete sound track, and the main character’s notebook in English and Italian.

Q.U.B.E.'s update reworked the SP campaign, which included at least one or two voice-overs, incorporated the add-on they were originally selling for like $5.99, a new musical score, and other stuff(like achievements, leaderboards, and Oculus rift support).

Hard Reset's update included five new levels, four new enemy types(which I would assume includes balancing), a new boss fight, two new survival maps, and additional achievements.

All three games are indie games too boot(and all that entails like limited budgets etc). Both Hard Reset and Q.U.B.E. are solid games(haven't beat Anna). beat both of them(Q.U.B.E before the update) and Q.U.B.E is just as good as portal in my eyes. not only that it was made by a small dev team.

And all of those dont take the manpower or the same amount of money as updating and balancing SF4. They are indie games for a reason
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#16Chaos_MissilePosted 8/6/2014 5:01:57 PM
vashtricham posted...
desertman posted...
Goldninja posted...
$15 upgrade from Arcade Edition to Ultra. Not sure how it's a rip off, considering AE came out three years ago and this is a significant update.

Other companies give updates for free.

Sounds like Dota 2, which remains free aside from costumes AFAIK.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#17thatauthorPosted 8/6/2014 5:09:59 PM
vashtricham posted...
They are indie games for a reason

doesn't seem like it with Hard Reset and Q.U.B.E.

Chaos_Missile posted...
Sounds like Dota 2, which remains free aside from costumes AFAIK.

and TF2.
---
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
#18myztikricePosted 8/6/2014 5:48:43 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
most tournaments only use the game as it ships, no patches, no DLC, not even unlockable characters

no they don't...
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#19ShubPosted 8/8/2014 5:29:10 AM
So is Ultra SF4 meant to be the definitive edition? Or is there going to be an Ultra SF4: AE or Super Ultra SF4 afterward? Only half joking, I'm actually wondering.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#20WormBoi3Posted 8/8/2014 5:37:06 AM
$15 upgrade kids.
---
Posted using GameFlux