This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does it feel like we're getting ripped off with SF4 Ultra?

#21LvthnPosted 8/8/2014 6:46:42 AM
Oh you sweet, summer child. Back in the day we paid $60-$70 for the latest update of Street Fighter at home, still only 4 new characters, maybe not even that. Full game price for an update. They did this several times. Then they infuriatingly ported SSFIIT to 3DO but not the more mainstream consoles until PS1.

So no, after that prison shower experience with Capcom, this feels pretty gentle.
#22AsellusPosted 8/8/2014 7:02:00 AM
Shub posted...
So is Ultra SF4 meant to be the definitive edition? Or is there going to be an Ultra SF4: AE or Super Ultra SF4 afterward? Only half joking, I'm actually wondering.

Probably. SF5's reportedly in the planning stage for the new consoles.
#23bigbadharry(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 9:15:05 AM
thatauthor posted...
vashtricham posted...
Not these kind of updates, alot of work and money goes into adding new characters, rebalancing the game, new stages.

Not all companies work like that. The updates for Anna, Q.U.B.E and Hard Reset were all free.

Anna's update added new environments, puzzles, user interface, music, improved graphics, and a new character. it also had Photos of the real-world sawmill location(where you start), the "complete sound track, and the main character’s notebook in English and Italian.

Q.U.B.E.'s update reworked the SP campaign, which included at least one or two voice-overs, incorporated the add-on they were originally selling for like $5.99, a new musical score, and other stuff(like achievements, leaderboards, and Oculus rift support).

Hard Reset's update included five new levels, four new enemy types(which I would assume includes balancing), a new boss fight, two new survival maps, and additional achievements.

All three games are indie games too boot(and all that entails like limited budgets etc). Both Hard Reset and Q.U.B.E. are solid games(haven't beat Anna). beat both of them(Q.U.B.E before the update) and Q.U.B.E is just as good as portal in my eyes. not only that it was made by a small dev team.

Agreed I've been following fighters since SF1 and this is not a great upgrade. It's not like they built the game from the ground up. The probably just had a few standby guys ****** around with it. It just the least amount of effort they could possibly do, they couldn't even be bothered to create a proper new character. Even with SXT they used Ryu as a base for quite a few of the Tekken Characters.

Also I've seen Fan SF4 edits that looks better than Decapre. Sale game for me, not to mention, that valve have messed up the netcode.
#24Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/8/2014 12:51:06 PM
Shub posted...
So is Ultra SF4 meant to be the definitive edition? Or is there going to be an Ultra SF4: AE or Super Ultra SF4 afterward? Only half joking, I'm actually wondering.

it all depends if capcom releases another version. but yes right now this is the ps3/xbox360 is definite version. i do not know if the USF4 will include the update that was release for the ps3/xbox360 yet. it might take a few weeks or so.