This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old games that should be remade

#21retrosticker903Posted 8/6/2014 11:35:01 PM
The MechWarrior 2 Trilogy.
---
Five years ago, I lost 30,000 sandwiches and cakes in a blink of an eye. And GLaDOS just f___ing laughed.
She would not die. Now we know our crime was sin.
#22AsucaHayashiPosted 8/6/2014 11:35:31 PM
i wanna see a remake for divinity OS.

if console games can be remade in more or less a year after release then larian should start on it now to make the 2015 deadline... there simply isn't much time left.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#23shrooboid313Posted 8/6/2014 11:41:30 PM
I'd like to see the Medieval games one PS1 remade for PC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313 - My YouTube channel.
FC: 2363-5620-6039 *Fairy Type Safari*, Message me if you do add me.
#24itzzsinnedPosted 8/6/2014 11:43:27 PM
Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle)
Final Fantasy IX
Legend of Legaia
Suikoden II
Xenogears
#25Chaos_MissilePosted 8/6/2014 11:46:17 PM
I would've loved to see C&C3 go in Westwood's direction instead of the.....thing we got.

EA made a pretty good setting, but god damn, if it wasnt well-reflected in the game.

Also, all subfactions tend to have a similar playstyle in Kane's Wrath imo. That was not the case with Zero Hour. Zero Hour would actually remove units just so that you cant depend on those units if you play certain Generals. Kane's Wrath....replaced unit A with unit B that more or less serves the same purpose.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#26jedinatPosted 8/6/2014 11:46:44 PM
itzzsinned posted...
Xenogears

Yeah. I love what I saw of the narrative and the mecha aspect in relationship to RPG mechanics and whatnot... but I could never get very far because of the random battles and ho-hum/dated design... A modern RPG version would be great.
#27rainedownPosted 8/6/2014 11:47:32 PM
retrosticker903 posted...
The MechWarrior 2 Trilogy.

Dear god yes. MWO is so cash grabby, I'd love to see a new flat payment installation with the freedom that they had in MW2, with the multiplayer of Battle tech from the AOL days (where the very skilled could destroy in a cricket lol). Or reverse the franchises even, as long as the game was good and kept the overall tone of MW2.

Maniac Mansion and day of the tentacle, even just a release with updated visuals and more up to date mechanics would be perfect. In the day of the indie game it may even do well with the distinct cartoon look it had that could actually be realized fully with today's graphics.

Enternal Darkness. This I'd rather see a spiritual successor than a remake, but the game was survival horror mixed with meta game ways of screwing with you. Your characters would actually go insane and it was one of the best mechanics ever, if it hadn't been a GameCube exclusive I think it would have done very well.
#28rainedownPosted 8/6/2014 11:49:19 PM
UNHOLY WAR! Can't believe I forgot that. Hexagonal strategy game that solved battles in a 3d arena. I've never played anything else like it, it was fantastic but the graphics were pretty poor even for the time.
#29PsythikPosted 8/6/2014 11:53:48 PM
Every Zelda game ever made
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#30RickySaoPosted 8/6/2014 11:58:39 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
I'm not a peasant.

What was that seriously? You'd be stupid enough (pretty much stupid, yes) not to accept that one of your best PC game in the 90's wouldn't go full 4K or updated graphics or with Hi Res texture packs (with the same game direction but that does not happen often).

I wouldn't mind having you complain about Deep Silver/4A Games to sell us Metro Redux simply because they updated the graphics for games that doesn't have 5 years yet, but games that are really good can go bad artistically and needs a little remake-over.
---
Gi, Rei, Yu, Jin, Meiyo, Makoto, Chu