This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old games that should be remade

#91MisoKrattzPosted 8/7/2014 9:26:59 AM
Metal Gear, Like the VERY First one!

That should get remade with epic dynamic movie cut-scenes, full voice acting, HD 3d graphics, and just the works~

It should be made into like a modern Metal Gear game! Well, like MGS3 n stuff :3
#92Crysis121Posted 8/7/2014 9:39:49 AM
Warzone 2100
---
GMC
3DS (1032-1284-5147): Gene
#93wolverinerob79Posted 8/7/2014 10:35:46 AM
jedinat posted...
http://zsprawl.com/wp/wp-content/gallery/kings-quest/comparison.jpg

Oh nifty. I guess I was focused more on 4-6...which looks done by a different company...the other company looks to have redone them as well, but the screenshots they had on their own site didn't show the difference (which makes me wonder a bit). I'll have to still investigate more.
#94Psalm51Posted 8/7/2014 11:24:17 AM
Isn't there a crowd funding project working on Baldurs Gate 3, or something like it? I am sure that a number of older PC series are being looked at again for sequels with crowd funding.
---
Jerusalem, city of the Great King.
#95alsroboshack(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 11:27:08 AM
I just remembered another game that could use a remake, Wizardry 6-8. Mainly just an interface upgrade, but a full HD remake would be awesome.
---
some people treat life as a game,
some people treat games as life.
#96I_Cast_Thee_OutPosted 8/7/2014 11:53:28 AM
Resident Evil 2. Would be a fun remake with RE4 controls.

Gunstar Heroes was a real fun local multiplayer game.

Team Fortress 2 for PS4,XBone. Just update graphics, allow changeable weapons, hats, and keyboard/mouse support.

Earthworm Jim, just like how they brought back Bloodrayne as a 2D sidescroller.

Shining Force. Honestly, it could even be done well on iOS or Android device if not as a downloadable title on any console.

Daryl F. Gates' Police Quest: SWAT was an interesting take on a police swat simulator. Imagine if that same style was coupled with the QTE gameplay from TellTale Studios.

That's just my two cents.
---
I've stopped fighting my inner demons...We're on the same side now.
#97Golden_GonadsPosted 8/7/2014 1:38:28 PM
apolloooo posted...
gabriel knight games

GK1 is being remade by Jane Jenson right... Now.
#98SilentHawk29Posted 8/7/2014 8:32:25 PM
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#99BogePosted 8/7/2014 8:44:48 PM
Jagged Alliance 2 is the only one I can think that really could use a remake. It's still awesome as is, but more graphical detail and revamped UI would be sweet.

Other games I think of have pretty much had their "remake". Prince of Persia, Master of Magic.

All in all, I feel lacking in the tactical strategy genre and the action adventure genre. It all seems to be action FPS on PC, and I'm sick of it. I've been sick of it for over 15 years now. I love the survival genre, but nobody is doing it right. They're all indie development teams that don't have the means or talent to do it correctly. So everyone is sick of them before one has actually been worth playing.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#100Psalm51Posted 8/7/2014 10:27:39 PM
As it happens, it is nice to see games being ported to IOS and Android but we have yet to see good shooters make the jump. How would Return to Castle Wolfenstein (the 2001/2 game) look and play on a nice mobile phone or tablet plus being given the HD treatment?
---
Jerusalem, city of the Great King.