This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ASUS VG248QE - Viewing angle discoloration?

#1YaLikeDagsPosted 8/6/2014 10:41:37 PM
Just got my ASUS VG248QE today and I gotta say, the colors are so much better than my last monitor. And the 144hz is just unreal. I enjoy dragging windows around my desktop more than gaming right now.

Anyways, I've noticed the viewing angle seems pretty narrow. I sit ~2' from the screen and I can almost always see a slight yellow to the screen either at the left or right. When I move my head horizontally to align with the yellow, it goes away.

Is this normal for this monitor? Advice?
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
#2YaLikeDags(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 7:24:43 AM
Bump
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
#3El MagnificoPosted 8/7/2014 7:32:18 AM
That's a characteristic of TN panels so yes, that is expected from your monitor. Other panel technologies like VA and IPS offer better viewing angles.

#4DyersEve_9Posted 8/7/2014 7:38:05 AM
Don't forget to give Lightboost a whirl

http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/

http://www.testufo.com/#test=photo&photo=quebec.jpg&pps=960&pursuit=0&height=0
#5YaLikeDags(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 1:39:38 PM(edited)
Gonna try LightBoost this weekend, see what that's all about. Do I need to install the 3D vision drivers? I believe I only have the latest core drivers and physx drivers installed.
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
#6DyersEve_9Posted 8/8/2014 2:30:34 PM
You do not need the 3D vision drivers
#7YaLikeDags(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 3:23:12 PM
Thanks
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
#8EyeDrinkBeerPosted 8/9/2014 4:15:47 PM
LightBoost will kind of wash the colors out, but the trade off is well worth it. Goto BlurBusters website and look at the moving image tests at 144hz, then at 120hz with LightBoost. The image clarity is freaking amazing and something that makes that monitor an awesome deal.
---
BattleLog: EyeDrinK
PSN: EyeDrinkBeer
#9NGd72Posted 8/9/2014 4:37:27 PM(edited)
Yea Lightboost is stupid amazing. On my monitor at 10% brightness w/ Lightboost it doesnt even wash colors out that bad.
#10YaLikeDags(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 5:07:22 PM
So again, the color yellowing at angles for this monitor is normal? I'm not talking extreme angles either, just in front of the monitor about 2' away.

I just ask because my last TN monitor did have some distortion at angles, mostly darkening, but I don't remember any yellowing so I'm trying to make sure it's ok before I am no longer able to exchange the monitor (if it's defective).
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.