This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Post games that everyone hates but YOU love!

#21AltmadragonPosted 8/7/2014 11:53:04 AM
Minesweeper
Far cry 2 (more so people didn't like playstyle rather hate it)
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#22TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 8/7/2014 11:57:49 AM
Oblivion. Generally considered the worst modern TES. The awkward middle child, in between the firstborn that is Morrowind and the hip youngster that is Skyrim. Oblivion just can't decide if it's old school or not. And that's why I like it.

Oblivion is versatile. It has a smoother engine than Morrowind, yet it keeps a lot of the features, like Acrobatics, Athletics, Mysticism, making your own spells with a wide range of effects, etc. Skyrim is streamlined in comparison. These are things that you can't add back into Skyrim without having that really awkward "alpha feel" that modders create when they try to add entirely new features.

Since it's versatile, many features can be modded in and out. Ugly characters can be fixed. Broken leveling can be fixed. Combat can be fixed. Compare this to Morrowind, where most character, combat, and leveling mods only change things slightly, mostly because Morrowind is quite old and has limitations. Oblivion has everything from slight changes to overhauls for these.

All in all, I can mod Oblivion how I want to. I can make it like Morrowind if I want to. I can make it like Skyrim if I want to. Even without modding, Oblivion feels like a complete sandbox experience. If I want to make a mage that has the ability to jump 50-feet in the air and run like the wind, I can do that.
---
Steam: Sydite
#23GoldninjaPosted 8/7/2014 11:59:10 AM
importvita posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
The last remnant
new x-com game
skyrim
final fantasy 8
final fantasy 10
blades of time

The list of games I hate but everyone loves is much longer.

People don't hate:

Skyrim
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X

Also:

The Last Remnant is so unknown I doubt enough people are aware that it exists to hate it. lol

Try again.

Did you miss the boat where everyone trashed FFVIII to pieces after release and still continue to do so today?
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#24XatrionPosted 8/7/2014 12:04:18 PM
Saints Row 3 and 4. Loved them to death, but man do they get some hate.
---
Shut your BF28/9 sound hole and listen up.
I came here to laugh at you.
#25SinisterSlayPosted 8/7/2014 12:08:23 PM
Goldninja posted...
importvita posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
The last remnant
new x-com game
skyrim
final fantasy 8
final fantasy 10
blades of time

The list of games I hate but everyone loves is much longer.

People don't hate:

Skyrim
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X

Also:

The Last Remnant is so unknown I doubt enough people are aware that it exists to hate it. lol

Try again.

Did you miss the boat where everyone trashed FFVIII to pieces after release and still continue to do so today?

His whole post made no sense, right down to where he told me to try again. Try again at what? Liking games that get a lot of hate?
Skyrim, much hate on the internet for being casual and boring and buggy.
FF8, much hate for being broken
FF10, much hate for Tidus
Last Remnant, much hate for bad leveling system
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26InterfusorPosted 8/7/2014 12:30:29 PM
All the CoD games. Haven't played BO2 or Ghosts yet but I genuinely enjoy all of the previous games.

Resident Evil 5 and 6.
---
I am not economically viable.
#27samurai1900Posted 8/7/2014 12:44:32 PM
Sacred 2 and The Last Remnant.

Sacred 2, I would love to play with someone, alas, not many like the game, I would be quite interested to test out my many builds.

The Last Remnant, I do so like the world, the battling and the challenges it can provided, a refreshing game that makes you actually think(as long as you are not steamrolling everything, that is), Almost 300 videos made out of the game, and counting~
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
The Ultimate Meloetta Gallery by yours truly! - http://imgur.com/a/Euwf3
#28DestroyerFPosted 8/7/2014 1:09:14 PM
Age of Mythology

Seems to be the least liked game in the Age of Empires series, but it's my favorite.
---
Praise the sun!
#29bigbadharryPosted 8/7/2014 1:36:07 PM
The Bionic Commando game the 3d one

Watchmen The end is Nigh

Urban Trials, not as good as regular trials but still fun

Remember Me

Ninja Gaiden Yaiba

Deadpool

Arkham Origins

Rocket Knight 2009

Gotham City Impostors