This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My wireless connection runs fine for a few days, then goes into Limited...

#11macmahon187Posted 8/9/2014 3:19:59 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
macmahon187 posted...
Mine does this as well. I have to restart my router at least once a day. Im wanting to get a new one but good wireless routers are high nowadays.

I have a cheap Netgear router (40$) and has been working wonderfully. Hell it works even better than my 80$ Linksys router I had before it.

Dragnfyr posted...
Usually limited connectivity means your router is working fine but something is up with your modem.

This is true. As with limited connectivity you are still connected to the network but your Internet is not working for you. So when that happens I'd check to see if your internet is working properly.

Well im using a linksys and it really feels they aren't as good as they used to be. Which netgear did you get if you don't mind me asking?
---
Posted using GameFlux
#12Fade2black001Posted 8/9/2014 4:12:06 PM(edited)
Let me check for you.... I don't remember the model number. I'll edit the post when I got it..

Edit:

This is the router here...

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Gigabit-Router-WNR3500L/dp/B002RYYZZS

If you don't need Dual Band support then this is good. From what I can tell is that they charge you like 30-40 bucks alone for it being Dual Band.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#13DragnfyrPosted 8/9/2014 4:40:31 PM
Do wired connections still work when your wireless network goes limited?
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs