This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What kind of programs/software do you guys use to protect your pcs from viruses/

#11fataliPosted 8/7/2014 6:56:32 PM
almightydun posted...
Anyone like symantec?
A friend of mine has the corporate program unlocked and gave me a copy for my pc.

any good?

Nope, symantec is pretty bad.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#12rainedownPosted 8/7/2014 7:00:48 PM
I know people love to knock it but Norton 360 is really pretty good. I have it for free from a build I made for someone who handed me two of the three licenses right there, and they keep it renewed.

It's caught everything that's come my way, and that's a decent amount. It does seem to use a decent amount of resources compared to my last AV but it's really pretty solid.
#13edisonbebo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 7:06:02 PM
Thanks guys for the answers. I will look into these softwares and see what suits me best.
---
Pokemon X 3DS XL limited edition
Konedi FC: 2251-5220-0791 TSV: 165
#14WyzeGyePosted 8/7/2014 7:07:35 PM
I use commonsense 2.0 and the occasional malware bytes scan.

Hasn't let me down yet
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#15almightydunPosted 8/7/2014 7:21:52 PM
fatali posted...
almightydun posted...
Anyone like symantec?
A friend of mine has the corporate program unlocked and gave me a copy for my pc.

any good?

can anyone confirm this? or give reasons why?
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#16Orestes417Posted 8/7/2014 7:25:21 PM
almightydun posted...
fatali posted...
almightydun posted...
Anyone like symantec?

any good?

Because they're stuck in the early 2000s and can't read reviews for ****. Modern Norton products are vastly improved from what they once were and generally scored well in that synthetic AV-comparatives ranking the kiddies like to whore as if it meant something.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#17mrCubePosted 8/7/2014 7:27:40 PM
almightydun posted...
fatali posted...
almightydun posted...
Anyone like symantec?

any good?

Because many years ago Symantec's Norton antivirus was bloated garbage, and its reputation suffered. For the last 2 or 3 years, Symantec's AV has been among the highest reviewed and rated AVs out there, but most people don't know this and still regurgitate their out of date opinions any time you bring it up.
---
---
#18mrCubePosted 8/7/2014 7:30:40 PM
Anyway, I use Eset Nod32 AV. My boss bought a bulk license that lasts until like 2018 so I'm set for a while. It's lightweight and not intrusive so I like it. AFAIK it actually does a decent job at stopping threats, but I know how to use a computer so it's never actually come up.
---
---
#19blackhrtPosted 8/7/2014 7:35:23 PM
Well its going to take more than 2 or 3 years for convincing that Norton (Symantec) has grown a brain in the antivirus department. Besides, its Sophos, leading the charge for a while with Norton and Kaspersky hanging right behind.

TC, I use Kaspersky. It has deleted screensaver files, photos & .bat files from my computer that it thought probably had malicious objects. Thats how hardcore it is. Deleting=the only way to be sure.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#20Skul_Posted 8/7/2014 7:37:10 PM
jedinat posted...
NoScript
MSE
Malwarebytes

---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH