This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What kind of programs/software do you guys use to protect your pcs from viruses/

#31Sora_AnbuPosted 8/7/2014 11:24:31 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
OMGWYATT posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...
jedinat posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...
none perks of being a new mac owner

"I never get into any car accidents because I don't drive a car. I hop everywhere on a pogo stick. It hurts a lot when I unbalance and fall onto concrete, but I never get into any car accidents."

facts are facts bruh don't be mad should of gotten a mac

Macs aren't any less susceptible to getting viruses, they're just such a tiny share of the market "hackers" don't waste their time.

no, they're also less susceptible to getting viruses because they are Unix based which is inherently more secure than Windows.

.... No, that's just... Wrong. WYATT is right on this matter.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#32jm8080Posted 8/7/2014 11:26:08 PM
I use Avast before, but then I got pissed when it turned into bloatware and slowed my computer so uninstalled it. Now I don't have any antivirus installed in my PC for about a year now and my PC still runs pretty fast(it boots up in under a minute), I did a scan using that Windows Defenders thingy and I'm suprised it came out clean despite having no antivirus for months. Just don't click suspicious links and don't go to dodgy websites and you're good to go
#33Edavy89Posted 8/7/2014 11:26:55 PM
Really tiny processor condoms.
#34Arn544Posted 8/7/2014 11:38:09 PM
Rud3Bwoy posted...

Some perk, each and every piece of hardware or software for a mac has a 50-100% markup

I'd rather pay 15$ a year for antivirus software than 1000$ extra to get the same power I have on a Mac.
#35ZerabpPosted 8/8/2014 12:25:42 AM(edited)
Rud3Bwoy posted...
jedinat posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...

"I never get into any car accidents because I don't drive a car. I hop everywhere on a pogo stick. It hurts a lot when I unbalance and fall onto concrete, but I never get into any car accidents."

facts are facts bruh don't be mad should of gotten a mac

http://drtech.bangordailynews.com/2013/04/14/new-products/busting-the-myth-apple-macs-do-get-viruses/

Yes they are good thing you didn't state one.

Edit @TC

I use norton but never resubscribe (it's double the price of simply re buying)
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#36LostHisHardcorePosted 8/8/2014 12:49:51 AM
jedinat posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...

That's a bad analogy, a better one would be :

"I never got into any car accidents because my car is incompatible with most roads, however the roads I can drive on don't have as many potholes."
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#37DieForMotherLandPosted 8/8/2014 1:18:11 AM
Linux.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#38TimePharaohPosted 8/8/2014 2:30:43 AM
jedinat posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...

Three posts in and we're already at a car comparison. Nice.

10/10 topic
#39_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/8/2014 5:13:23 AM(edited)
jedinat posted...
NoScript
MSE
Malwarebytes

I use this as well. Though I use Comodo as a firewall.

Common sense also goes a long way. Though there are situations in which you really do not do anything wrong, and you can still be exposed to threats. Best to use some software. Why wouldn't you. It is free, does not take up many resources, and requires little configuration.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Zowie EC1 Evo White
#40MarceloSampaioPosted 8/8/2014 5:14:52 AM
-AdBlock Plus;

-Common sense;

-Brain.
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png