This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What kind of programs/software do you guys use to protect your pcs from viruses/

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What kind of programs/software do you guys use to protect your pcs from viruses/
1 year ago#41
Sora_Anbu posted...

.... No, that's just... Wrong. WYATT is right on this matter.

That's not wrong at all, OS X is Unix-based which has a much more robust permissions system, which makes running any program you don't want to run much more difficult.
---
---
1 year ago#42
Rud3Bwoy posted...
none perks of being a new mac owner

Enjoy your overpriced console hardware
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W7| 1.7TB HDD/256GB SSD
1 year ago#43
ChromaticAngel posted...
OMGWYATT posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...
jedinat posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...

"I never get into any car accidents because I don't drive a car. I hop everywhere on a pogo stick. It hurts a lot when I unbalance and fall onto concrete, but I never get into any car accidents."

facts are facts bruh don't be mad should of gotten a mac

Macs aren't any less susceptible to getting viruses, they're just such a tiny share of the market "hackers" don't waste their time.

no, they're also less susceptible to getting viruses because they are Unix based which is inherently more secure than Windows.

No such thing as "inherently" more secure. It's easier to pwn a *nix box admined by an idiot than it is a Windows one. Sadly we seem to have quite a few around if we're seriously seeing "common sense" represented as anything other than taking advantage of the toolset available for free.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
1 year ago#44
I was using Norton for a while and was very happy with it. However in July it was time to renew and I didn't want to pay that amount.
So now I'm running Malwarebytes.
Between that and Windows Defender, I don't see any problems.
1 year ago#45
None, I dont do stupid s*** on the internet
---
"this fit like clothes made outta wasp"
Steam ID~Matthewcorley
1 year ago#46
Rud3Bwoy posted...

A mac is no safer than a PC. THAT IS FACT.

Though the amount of viruses, malware, ect that is made for macs is nil compared to PC because of how little a market share macs have.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
1 year ago#47
Depends on the machine and the operating system.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
1 year ago#48
Izicial posted...

"I said something is a fact, therefore it is a fact."
---
hasa diga eebowai
1 year ago#49
Izicial posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...

Though the amount of viruses, malware, ect that is made for macs is nil compared to PC because of how little a market share macs have.

You are ignorant
---
---
1 year ago#50
Don't waste your typing energy. You are feeding the Macintosh trolls man.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What kind of programs/software do you guys use to protect your pcs from viruses/

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived