This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So this is what Valve's been up to!

#21TomNook20Posted 8/8/2014 2:18:59 PM
I wonder what's for dinner?
---
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/098/7/4/tom_nook_by_themerce-d3dhi0q.png
http://www.gameswagonline.com/uploads/9/0/8/9/9089979/1372277527.jpg
#22ThisGuy101Posted 8/8/2014 3:59:43 PM
Nihilism_Fear posted...
Don't think I've played anything by Nexon. Why do they get a bad rep?

Don't let us tell you.

Go download Combat Arms. Play for an hour and a half. Then you'll understand why everyone hates them. Pay to Win, and the hackers are RIDICULOUS. 4/5 matches you'll run into a blatant hacker.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#23Ness0123456789Posted 8/8/2014 4:34:15 PM(edited)
It's adorable how few people in this topic have actually played a recent Nexon game, and still think we're living in the late 90s and early 2000s with games like Maplestory (which even isn't a fair comparison anymore considering how much that game has changed today).

No, really, it's actually adorable, and I suppose a little sad, how people still think Nexon is synonymous with crappy Korean grinder.

Their micro-transactions these days are no worst than what you'd find in Lotro, and I would argue games like The Old Republic handle Free to Play FAR worst than how Nexon does today.

But yes, continue to think Nexon is a terrible company because of a single terrible FPS they launched. Anyone whose actually played one of their higher quality games, including Maple Story, and of course Mabinogi and Vindictus, will tell you that some of the games Nexon publishes are actually incredibly well made, polished, and very, very fun.

Remember kids: Nexon is made up of several smaller development houses like Devcat, and don't directly make many games themselves, but rather publish those that are developed from their in house developers.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#24A_THIZZIN_T_REXPosted 8/8/2014 4:37:55 PM
one of their higher quality games, including Maple Story

jordanlaugh.gif
---
Cavs: 0-0 | Indians: 50-47 | 5% chance this post is serious
i7-4790K, 16G DDR3-2400, GTX 780 3G
#25HydroCannabinolPosted 8/8/2014 4:51:15 PM
Dungeon defenders is one of my favorite games.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#26ThisGuy101Posted 8/8/2014 5:45:02 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
It's adorable how few people in this topic have actually played a recent Nexon game, and still think we're living in the late 90s and early 2000s with games like Maplestory (which even isn't a fair comparison anymore considering how much that game has changed today).

No, really, it's actually adorable, and I suppose a little sad, how people still think Nexon is synonymous with crappy Korean grinder.

Their micro-transactions these days are no worst than what you'd find in Lotro, and I would argue games like The Old Republic handle Free to Play FAR worst than how Nexon does today.

But yes, continue to think Nexon is a terrible company because of a single terrible FPS they launched. Anyone whose actually played one of their higher quality games, including Maple Story, and of course Mabinogi and Vindictus, will tell you that some of the games Nexon publishes are actually incredibly well made, polished, and very, very fun.

Nexon has published one FPS. That FPS is Combat Arms. Combat Arms is ****.

The other games you mentioned aren't competitive shooters, so they have no bearing on this 3D FPS Nexon is releasing. Their track record with 3D FPSs is ****. Your entire post is invalid.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#27Orestes417(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:46:52 PM
You're forgetting the Nexon Counter Strike they operate in Asia.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#28-CJF-Posted 8/8/2014 5:57:45 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...

Remember kids: Nexon is made up of several smaller development houses like Devcat, and don't directly make many games themselves, but rather publish those that are developed from their in house developers.

I played MapleStory for several years before it became tainted by the potential system and big bang, I also played DFO from day one until they had to shut it down, and I played Dragon Nest, which is probably the one game that they have that is still doing decent. I can't comment on Vindictus or Mabinogi as I've never tried them, but I have had enough experience with the company to know it is terrible and I want no part of it.
#29DmanTeePosted 8/14/2014 10:48:25 PM
-CJF- posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...

I played MapleStory for several years before it became tainted by the potential system and big bang, I also played DFO from day one until they had to shut it down, and I played Dragon Nest, which is probably the one game that they have that is still doing decent. I can't comment on Vindictus or Mabinogi as I've never tried them, but I have had enough experience with the company to know it is terrible and I want no part of it.

This. Nexon will never change.
#30BogePosted 8/14/2014 10:51:04 PM(edited)
Zombies don't run or show emotion.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png