This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kicks me to desktop and "crash.dump"?

#1chaos_belmontPosted 8/8/2014 7:19:54 AM
So I was playing Shadow Warrior and the screen froze and repeated the last sound from the game over and over again. I had it on a few sec then pushed esc and it kicked me to desktop. It said "crash. dump" and saving the file something.

It's happened twice in the last hour and I have no idea what it is.

The only thing i've done differently is switch from" automatic" to "high performance" in the 3d nvidia Control panel and set physX config to my main Graphics card instead of default or the cpu. It didn't happen until now while I did those Changes yesterday and have played plenty inbetween without problem. So it's probably not related but I dunno.

So what can I do?

Very annoying as well when i'm playing Heroic which means no saves so I've had to redo the stage twice, and if I don't fix it then possibly many more times, very annoying.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#2chaos_belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 9:01:13 AM
bump for wisdom and knowledge
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#3chaos_belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 10:57:58 AM
hm.. that usually works, anyway i'm sure one of you helpful gents would care to help me.
---
#4IzicialPosted 8/8/2014 11:41:37 AM
It hasn't even been one day stop bumping so much.........

Also please give some info about your CPU and GPU.

Have you monitored the temps of both of them to see if something is over heating?
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#5chaos_belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:09:09 PM(edited)
Intel Core i7 4:e gen. 4700HQ (not entirerly sure since I copied it of a similar model, see how experienced I am when I can't even find the info on my own pc)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860 (not sure about ram.. 8 ram possibly)

CPU temp I have no idea, GPU says N/A, soo, yeah.

I would bump it many a times for help, lest it be buried.
---
#6IzicialPosted 8/8/2014 12:46:13 PM
GPU-z and Real Temp can monitor your temps in real time.

You could try and open the dump file. It will tell you why it crashed.

And bumping a lot is against the forum rules and can get your post taken down so if you want help then don't over bump ;P.

If it's only a recent problem then I suspect it is either an over heating or driver problem.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_