This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help to burn a playlist on cd (windows 8)

#1wishmaster0912Posted 8/8/2014 8:13:37 AM
Every time i try to burn a playlist on cd using Windows Media Player on Windows 8 OS it sorts the songs on the cd in folders by name of the bands alphabetical order , i just want to burn the playlist on the cd by the order of the songs i chose , what should i do?
#2wishmaster0912(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 11:28:23 AM
bump
#3El MagnificoPosted 8/8/2014 11:45:51 AM
It sounds like you're burning a data CD. Did you mean to burn it as an audio CD?
#4chris121691Posted 8/8/2014 11:47:37 AM
What is this, 2004?
#5wishmaster0912(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:33:41 PM
El Magnifico posted...
It sounds like you're burning a data CD. Did you mean to burn it as an audio CD?

yeah you're right what i want to do is burn a data cd not audio cd , i want to put as many songs as possible on a cd.
#6El MagnificoPosted 8/8/2014 1:25:28 PM
Well, on a data CD there is no concept of a playlist. Most file explorers are going to want to sort it in alphanumeric order by default. If you want to manipulate the order, then you can manually change the file names before burning them to the CD. For example, you might change "Filename.mp3" to "01-Filename.mp3" so that it appears as the first song in the file explorer, then repeat the process for the rest of the files to get them in whatever order you want. Also, don't use Windows Media Player if you're not burning an audio CD. It's not really meant for burning normal data files. You should be able to open the CD drive with the blank CD from "My Computer" and just drag and drop the files onto the CD which will give you more control over where the files go.