This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are You Going To Purchase Dragon Age: Inquisition On The PC?

#51Links_Big_KeyPosted 8/9/2014 8:57:50 AM
Day one purchase for me.
---
CMStormtrooper / SLI GTX 780ti SC / GIG z68 / 2500k@4.2 / 8GB RAM / 256GB+128GB Crucial M4s / AW Optx AW2310 120hz for FPS/ U2713HM 1440p IPS for other games
#52r7gerrabbitPosted 8/9/2014 9:40:27 AM(edited)
On PC when the "GotY/Ultimate" version is released.
It's an EA game so it is inevitably going to have DLC everywhere. I'll just wait until the full version comes out.

If there is no version with all DLC included then I will not even consider it.
---
Sig.
#53Orestes417Posted 8/9/2014 9:46:08 AM
It's not even the DLC that bugs me, it's the stupid ass Bioware points malarky.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#54Bane766Posted 8/9/2014 10:56:40 AM
Part 2 was so bad I'm not touching this series again. Also EA.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#55No_MegaPosted 8/9/2014 11:05:03 AM
After Dragon Age 2, I'm going to sit this out. While I do expect this to be better, I think this is going to fit too much into the traditional Bioware mold of storytelling and "gamey" mechanics.

I'll wait for The Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, or Torment instead.
#56LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/9/2014 11:46:36 AM
If I did, it would be on a PC with Xbone controller. Still not sold on it, though. Looks kind of boring TBQH. I guess it's because they keep showing the boring ass mage
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#57ComradeRyan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 8:24:12 PM
Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Features - Combat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZw98f58Xo
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#58noimnoturdaddyPosted 8/9/2014 9:57:46 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
EAware has fooled me already with DA2 and ME 3.

Not going to happen again.

This. Anyone who was burned by those releases and gets DA:I for *any* reason is just contributing to the ever-worsening state of the AAA videogame industry... and since this'll be a AAA title with an EA marketting budget, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Yippee for consistent dilution.
---
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAYS8QTjnfg
#59machetemanPosted 8/9/2014 10:07:03 PM(edited)
noimnoturdaddy posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
EAware has fooled me already with DA2 and ME 3.

Not going to happen again.

This. Anyone who was burned by those releases and gets DA:I for *any* reason is just contributing to the ever-worsening state of the AAA videogame industry... and since this'll be a AAA title with an EA marketting budget, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Yippee for consistent dilution.

So....if DA:I turns out to be a decent game, anyone who buys it is "contributing to the ever-worsening state of the industry"?

Do you even read the stuff you type?

If the game is good, people should buy it. If the game is average, the people that enjoy that kind of game should still probably get it. If the game is bad, it probably shouldn't be bought. But the game isn't even out. So all this "I refuse to ever buy this game" crap is absolutely ridiculous.

The fact that people are refusing to purchase un-released games of decent franchises speaks volumes to the type of mentality that these zealots currently have. Game is good = buy. Game is bad = don't buy. Simple.
#60noimnoturdaddyPosted 8/9/2014 11:47:19 PM
@machete If a company builds up brand loyalty only to intentionally gut it and use their fanbase as an ATM once, they'll do it again. DA2 was an intentionally rushed cash-in, so yes, buying DA:I even if it's decent is telling them they can get away with boning their fans every now and then for easy cash, as long as they make a decent game every now and then it's alright.

That mentality absolutely contributes to a declining quality in AAA games - if people only supported companies that made quality titles and offered recourse when they messed up, things would be better. Don't be so short-sighted.
---
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAYS8QTjnfg