This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Survival/Adventure

#1TheAxeMurderer1Posted 8/8/2014 11:33:48 AM
I finally switched back from MAC, I'm wondering if there are some must play Survival/Adventure type games that I may have missed out on over the last few years? PC exclusives I mean.
#2KillerTrufflePosted 8/8/2014 11:37:51 AM
So are you talking about switching from an actual MAC address, or do you just have Tourettes and randomly yell words? ;)

Have you looked into Don't Starve?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3TheAxeMurderer1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 11:41:02 AM
Haha hmm. I already have Don't Starve for PS4. One of my favourite games. Have you tried the forest? $15 for early access and you get the full game when it comes out. Looks pretty good.
#4TropicMoon10Posted 8/8/2014 11:54:19 AM
As far as I know, The Forest is still very early in development and pretty buggy.

You probably already played it but Minecraft fits your description pretty well, if you have some creativity. Terraria and Starbound are also very addictive.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#5SinisterSlayPosted 8/8/2014 11:56:03 AM
Mount & Blade Warband
Everyone is trying to kill you in that.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6KillerTrufflePosted 8/8/2014 11:57:51 AM
Well, there's also Survivor Squad (early access tho). And Banished is more of a city builder-survival if that interests you. I haven't actually kept up too super much on survival games, but those are some that have stood out.

Another is The Long Dark - it's kind of like The Forest or similar games, except there's no major antagonist. You *might* run into a wild animal like a wolf or something, but it's random and not all that common. It's about you vs. nature basically.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#7TheAxeMurderer1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:03:50 PM
I would love to play Minecraft, but I'm awful at constructing things. Always makes me a little upset. I'll give The Long Dark, Mount & Blade Warband a look though. Thanks guys.
#8SinisterSlayPosted 8/8/2014 12:04:38 PM
TheAxeMurderer1 posted...
I would love to play Minecraft, but I'm awful at constructing things. Always makes me a little upset. I'll give The Long Dark, Mount & Blade Warband a look though. Thanks guys.

I was kidding :D, but its a good game anyways
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9TheAxeMurderer1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:10:45 PM
The Long Dark looks interesting, but it's not out yet.
#10Lemur_HPosted 8/8/2014 12:11:23 PM
Not a PC exclusive: State of Decay can be fun and there's a small modding community. The mouse and keyboard support is surprisingly good.