This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Survival/Adventure

#11KillerTrufflePosted 8/8/2014 12:15:06 PM
TheAxeMurderer1 posted...
The Long Dark looks interesting, but it's not out yet.

No, it's still coming - I only heard of it just last week. It sounds much more like something I'd be interested in too tho - I'm not into horror games so much, but survival like this wouldn't be bad.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#12TheAxeMurderer1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:25:47 PM
Yes that and The Forest. Can't wait. KillerTruffle posted...
TheAxeMurderer1 posted...
The Long Dark looks interesting, but it's not out yet.

No, it's still coming - I only heard of it just last week. It sounds much more like something I'd be interested in too tho - I'm not into horror games so much, but survival like this wouldn't be bad.

Yes that and The Forest. Can't wait.
#13KillerTrufflePosted 8/8/2014 12:35:47 PM
If you haven't before, you might still check out Minecraft. It actually does have some good survival elements, and you don't *have* to build fancy things to play it. You can play it just for the survival and combat if you like. All the elements are there - hunting or growing for food, exploring and scavenging for materials, crafting tools and things to survive, etc. It really is a pretty decent game.
---
#14geekneck99Posted 8/8/2014 12:50:58 PM
How about Lantern Forge?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314380/
---
If you can read this, you don't need glasses.
#15ThisGuy101Posted 8/8/2014 12:53:00 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Another is The Long Dark - it's kind of like The Forest or similar games, except there's no major antagonist. You *might* run into a wild animal like a wolf or something, but it's random and not all that common. It's about you vs. nature basically.

About two minutes of research was all I needed to decide that I'm not interested.

Not because of the premise, but because of the fact that they're selling a "director's cut" of an EARLY ACCESS GAME THAT'S NOT COMPLETE for $30.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#16KillerTrufflePosted 8/8/2014 12:59:32 PM
ThisGuy101 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Another is The Long Dark - it's kind of like The Forest or similar games, except there's no major antagonist. You *might* run into a wild animal like a wolf or something, but it's random and not all that common. It's about you vs. nature basically.

About two minutes of research was all I needed to decide that I'm not interested.

Not because of the premise, but because of the fact that they're selling a "director's cut" of an EARLY ACCESS GAME THAT'S NOT COMPLETE for $30.

As opposed to other early access games selling for $80+? >_>
---
#17MrMonkhousePosted 8/8/2014 1:10:24 PM
geekneck99 posted...
How about Lantern Forge?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314380/

Wow thanks for mentioning this. Any other games thats similar and isn't in beta?
---
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#18ThisGuy101Posted 8/8/2014 2:58:15 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
ThisGuy101 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

As opposed to other early access games selling for $80+? >_>

I don't buy $80 early access games either.

$10 is the most I'll pay for early access. On some games, like the Forest, that are decent quality, I might consider jumping up to $15, but no more than that, because there's no guarantee that the game will ever be completed, or will even be worth it.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#19Pen9erSPosted 8/8/2014 4:39:21 PM
Unturned is a F2P DayZ-esque game made by a 16 year old. And it actually is pretty damn good once you find a server.
---
The letters on my shirt's the
password.