This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Survival/Adventure

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Survival/Adventure

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 years ago#11
TheAxeMurderer1 posted...
The Long Dark looks interesting, but it's not out yet.

No, it's still coming - I only heard of it just last week. It sounds much more like something I'd be interested in too tho - I'm not into horror games so much, but survival like this wouldn't be bad.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: TheAxeMurderer1

TheAxeMurderer1
2 years ago#12
Yes that and The Forest. Can't wait. KillerTruffle posted...
TheAxeMurderer1 posted...
The Long Dark looks interesting, but it's not out yet.

No, it's still coming - I only heard of it just last week. It sounds much more like something I'd be interested in too tho - I'm not into horror games so much, but survival like this wouldn't be bad.

Yes that and The Forest. Can't wait.

KillerTruffle
2 years ago#13
If you haven't before, you might still check out Minecraft. It actually does have some good survival elements, and you don't *have* to build fancy things to play it. You can play it just for the survival and combat if you like. All the elements are there - hunting or growing for food, exploring and scavenging for materials, crafting tools and things to survive, etc. It really is a pretty decent game.

User Info: geekneck99

geekneck99
2 years ago#14
How about Lantern Forge?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314380/
If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

User Info: ThisGuy101

ThisGuy101
2 years ago#15
KillerTruffle posted...
Another is The Long Dark - it's kind of like The Forest or similar games, except there's no major antagonist. You *might* run into a wild animal like a wolf or something, but it's random and not all that common. It's about you vs. nature basically.

About two minutes of research was all I needed to decide that I'm not interested.

Not because of the premise, but because of the fact that they're selling a "director's cut" of an EARLY ACCESS GAME THAT'S NOT COMPLETE for $30.
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig

KillerTruffle
2 years ago#16
ThisGuy101 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Another is The Long Dark - it's kind of like The Forest or similar games, except there's no major antagonist. You *might* run into a wild animal like a wolf or something, but it's random and not all that common. It's about you vs. nature basically.

About two minutes of research was all I needed to decide that I'm not interested.

Not because of the premise, but because of the fact that they're selling a "director's cut" of an EARLY ACCESS GAME THAT'S NOT COMPLETE for $30.

As opposed to other early access games selling for $80+? >_>

User Info: MrMonkhouse

MrMonkhouse
2 years ago#17
geekneck99 posted...
How about Lantern Forge?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314380/

Wow thanks for mentioning this. Any other games thats similar and isn't in beta?
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif

User Info: ThisGuy101

ThisGuy101
2 years ago#18
KillerTruffle posted...
ThisGuy101 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

As opposed to other early access games selling for $80+? >_>

I don't buy $80 early access games either.

$10 is the most I'll pay for early access. On some games, like the Forest, that are decent quality, I might consider jumping up to $15, but no more than that, because there's no guarantee that the game will ever be completed, or will even be worth it.
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig

User Info: Pen9erS

Pen9erS
2 years ago#19
Unturned is a F2P DayZ-esque game made by a 16 year old. And it actually is pretty damn good once you find a server.
The letters on my shirt's the
password.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Survival/Adventure

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived