This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shield tablet

#1Dieinafire1Posted 8/8/2014 4:45:00 PM
So how are people liking their shield tablet?
If you don't own one please reply. Looking for user feedback and not here say. Thanks!
#2blax34dmPosted 8/8/2014 4:58:49 PM
I don't own one so I am replying per your request
#3Dieinafire1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:19:42 PM
Nice. Good catch. I will proofread next time. Lol
#4clowningPosted 8/8/2014 5:21:01 PM
blax34dm posted...
I don't own one so I am replying per your request

lol
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#5wizardmonPosted 8/8/2014 5:35:03 PM(edited)
I pre-ordered one and got it right away, It's probably the best performing android device I've ever personally used and I'd describe it as 'snappy' it does everything I need from it. I wouldn't consider purchasing any other android tablet at this point as it's relatively cheap for how much performance it has over other android tablets and it has great front facing speakers - probably the best in-device audio I've ever heard from any tablet or cheap laptop that doesn't have a built in sub like those 1400$ alienware/dell ones do. okay, this might be a bit of a stretch, but It's at least better than any MP3 player/Cellphone or laptop I've used. and I've not used a laptop since like 2006

I've only played a few games on it but the ones that are in the confirmed working list work wonderfully. I picked up a Asus N900 router and have it on my dresser near where my tablet is mounted to my wall above my bed. I didn't purchase the cover for it as I fully intended for it to be stationary mounted near my bed for nighttime reading/netflix and "Just got home from work and want to lay down" gaming.

I can't notice ANY latency issues using the controller while gamestreaming Red Faction: Guerrilla to the shield, if I told someone that it was the device itself playing the game they'd believe it. I just wish I could turn the LED light on the controller off so I can use it to read at night without it lighting up my room (can scroll down pages of text with the D-pad in Chrome so I don't have to hold a hand over my head to swipe & scroll down the page). I've still not had to charge the controller since I purchased it, but I've only used it for I'd say 15~ hours.

Will update in this thread with some pictures/video of it gamestreaming in a bit after I take a shower.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6Dieinafire1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:43:30 PM
Nice! I am going to get one. Ncix has their last one on hold for me to pick up tomorrow! Only bummer is my shield controller is on back order but I will be picking up the tablet with cover in the morning!
#7wizardmonPosted 8/8/2014 6:32:07 PM(edited)
Well the video came out really bad and I don't feel like trying again, so here's a picture of my setup so you can get an idea of how I'm playing games.

http://i.imgur.com/hI5rEH8.jpg - The battlestation in portrait mode.
http://i.imgur.com/eTf96Gx.jpg - what it looks like to look at it in bed, I rotate it to landscape when playing games or watching netflix.

Also PS: It's currently impossible to purchase Mount & Blade: Warband with the Shield tablet, I'm not sure why but it rejects every form of payment available including Google play bucks. Other people are having that problem too so hopefully it gets fixed as I want to play that one over the winter.
---
#8Dieinafire1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 6:51:07 PM
That's a nice bracket. I hope they fix that game because it's on my wish list
#9wizardmonPosted 8/8/2014 7:59:07 PM
Dieinafire1 posted...
That's a nice bracket. I hope they fix that game because it's on my wish list

Just a little cheap one from Monoprice, it's actually made for the iPad 1 originally but I've used it with about a dozen different tablets - it even managed to fit a Surface pro up there but I have to cut the little feet holders off and use rubber bands to hold it in place lol.

Ended up selling that Surface and replacing the mount with a new one after that though, never again will I get a tablet that large and heavy.
---
#10Dieinafire1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 10:33:08 PM
I'm sure mine and your next tablet will be the second coming of the Shield tablet if they keep making beast!