This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why so many people try to go for "stable" overclocks

#41WyzeGyePosted 8/9/2014 3:07:18 PM
Rud3Bwoy posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
I don't understand why people overclock at all. If your processor isn't good enough to do what you're trying to do, replace it with one that is.

because more bang for your buck,it's easy to oc esp with asus mobos that has the automatic oc feature for you.

That pumps your chip with wayyyy too much voltage for what you get.

You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. And it's funny you even saying "more bang for your buck"
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#42Rud3BwoyPosted 8/9/2014 3:10:02 PM
WyzeGye posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
I don't understand why people overclock at all. If your processor isn't good enough to do what you're trying to do, replace it with one that is.

because more bang for your buck,it's easy to oc esp with asus mobos that has the automatic oc feature for you.

That pumps your chip with wayyyy too much voltage for what you get.

You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. And it's funny you even saying "more bang for your buck"

dude every chip has a max voltage one can use if he or she likes,of course not everyone should do that given he or she don't have proper cooling.yes it will shorten the life span but are you really keeping your rig for over 5 years?

because every rig i've owned has been 3 + years oced no issues then sold
#43Love_Me_SexyPosted 8/9/2014 3:47:32 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
HydroCannabinol posted...
Thoughts are if its not stable you're susceptible to BSODs and other crashes.

If it doesn't happen while you're playing a game then I guess its fine but a lot of people like the peace of mind that the PC won't crash due to instability.

It also means that technically your overclock could either be higher with proper settings or remain the same but tweaked for more stability.

Personal preference really...

I don't think so. All the time I had my CPU (2 years) I never had it "stable" in stress tests and never had any problems with it. Its fine doing everything else. running intensive things (not stress tests) are fine and it is stable in everything I do.

if it's not stable in a stress test it would crash eventually on something like folding at home not one oc i had ever stood stable outside of a unstable stress test.

but hey i guess people like to fool themselves in thinking there oc is stable when in reality it's not

Are you on crack? Wait... I already know the answer is yes. So don't bother answering that... Why would any trust what you have to say anyways? Your credibility on here is none at best.

Pot, meet kettle.

You are a running joke here as well.
---
4930k || X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || 16GB RAM || 240GB SSD || 2x180GB SSD (RAID0) || 4TB SSHD || 1200w PSU
#44Fade2black001Posted 8/9/2014 4:24:29 PM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Rud3Bwoy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
HydroCannabinol posted...
Thoughts are if its not stable you're susceptible to BSODs and other crashes.

If it doesn't happen while you're playing a game then I guess its fine but a lot of people like the peace of mind that the PC won't crash due to instability.

It also means that technically your overclock could either be higher with proper settings or remain the same but tweaked for more stability.

Personal preference really...

I don't think so. All the time I had my CPU (2 years) I never had it "stable" in stress tests and never had any problems with it. Its fine doing everything else. running intensive things (not stress tests) are fine and it is stable in everything I do.

if it's not stable in a stress test it would crash eventually on something like folding at home not one oc i had ever stood stable outside of a unstable stress test.

but hey i guess people like to fool themselves in thinking there oc is stable when in reality it's not

Are you on crack? Wait... I already know the answer is yes. So don't bother answering that... Why would any trust what you have to say anyways? Your credibility on here is none at best.

Pot, meet kettle.

You are a running joke here as well.

Says you
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#45TheLoneDigitPosted 8/9/2014 5:07:05 PM
This thread sucks.
#46HydroCannabinolPosted 8/10/2014 2:36:07 AM
I can confirm both F2B and Rud3bwoy are jokes.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#47ClouddxPosted 8/10/2014 3:26:24 AM
I've had my i7-920 overclocked for 5 years now... No problems whatsoever.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#48TiamatKillerPosted 8/10/2014 6:14:43 AM
I don't get this thread.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @930MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912