This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you wouldn't want to game on pc

#131Jason_HudsonPosted 8/9/2014 10:47:56 AM
It's because they're scared of building/operating one.

That and they can't afford it because they want to bypass the building by buying pre-built (that costs nearly double what you'd normally pay). Hint: hire a technician, you'll have to pay his fees, but it's still cheaper than buying pre-built.
---
Over 8,000,000 players on Steam at the same time.
PC gaming is the place to be. The only way to play games at their true potential.
#132LvthnPosted 8/9/2014 10:52:34 AM
Cubis101 posted...
Because the PC crowd's biggest flaw and why I will never get into PC gaming is because of the community. PC is not the best for many reasons. First off I like to actually go to my friend's apartments and game with them. I take my consoles with me since I cannot do that if I have a tower. I hate the turtle mentality of, "I'm going to sit in my corner and be in my own world far off from everyone else."

The biggest problem I have with the PC community is the constant ignored many case. With consoles you have one specific case to eliminate common hardware errors. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is that my game isn't working and the #1 way for PC gamers to help you is, "Well it didn't happen to me". Thanks. **** you.

I don't want a community that's literally almost all trolls.

You can easily buy a portable PC tower, what are you smoking? Have you never heard of LAN parties?

If "I keep my expensive electronics at home" is somehow a social obstacle, consider that video games as a whole are not for you. You may prefer, I dunno, sports. Something else, obviously, if you take such a condescending view of gamers.

This is also why nobody helps you troubleshoot problems. I certainly wouldn't, and I actually like helping folks out. The problem isn't the community. It's you.
#133geekneck99Posted 8/9/2014 11:27:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#134VellBellPosted 8/9/2014 10:55:12 AM
There are many reasons why someone may not want to PC game. Plenty of reasons already stated, but here are all mine:

1. Setting up a gaming rig. I don't proclaim to be a computer expert. I can run one, but I know nothing about building one. You can call it easy, but not having the knowledge is a big deal. I just wouldn't feel confident trying to assemble one.
2. I don't really like playing with a keyboard and mouse. It's fine for some games, but not all the ones I like to play. And not all games work with a controller.
3. I don't like gaming at a desk anymore. Sure I could set a rig up to my tv, but if I'm stuck using a keyboard and mouse, gaming on the couch becomes uncomfortable.
4. If something goes wrong with my console (I get the warranty always), I can bring it in for a replacement. The parts on my PC might be covered on a warranty, but how do I know what went wrong? Who will replace this part and how much do I have to pay them to do so?
5. There is a negative stigma on my PC. I work at a computer. I don't want to play on one too. I used to MMO for a few years. So when I think of computer gaming, that's what comes to mind. I know there's more than MMOs, but that's what I think of.
6. The ease of consoles is a big plus. My time is precious to me. I'd much rather just plug in and go. Not always possible or feasible on a PC.
7. Games. Sure steam has thousands, but 90% or more I just wouldn't play. I like RPGs, JRPGs or any other variety. Most of them that I know of are on consoles (or handhelds). There's also some in other genres that I play that don't come to the PC. In fact, nearly all of the games I play aren't on the PC.
8. DRM is huge. Sure I'm online most of the time. But let's address the times when my Internet goes out (which is more than is pretty, and I do have the best available in my area). I'm then locked out of my gaming. No access to my games. And the boredom that follows is annoying. I could do something else, but that's not an issue with my console.

I'm not against others PC gaming, but I just don't prefer it. I'm entitled to my opinions just as the PC master race are entitled to theirs. I've seen more PC elitists than I care to. The community just seems...I don't know. Judgemental would be the closest term. It's not exactly an inviting community. Nor has it ever inspired me to delve into PC gaming.

Just my two cents.
---
I play what I want.
#135JaghavePosted 8/9/2014 10:56:25 AM
Installing on is too hard for someone thrown down the stairs when they were young then pick up and toss right back down
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 780TI | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#136importvitaPosted 8/9/2014 11:05:46 AM
Javelin posted...
Puckswack12 posted...
So what are the legitimate reasons for not wanting to get into pc gaming?

Here, I'll list all of them:

*slow clap* You win today good sir!
#137thedeadman568Posted 8/9/2014 11:06:42 AM
So pathetic people can act superior for choices that have no positive effect on real life.
#138Ertrick36Posted 8/9/2014 11:29:27 AM(edited)
Well, I'd say it's because the PC gamers who bother speaking to console gamers don't bother with any kind of humility or politeness when they want to tell the console gamers "how great PC gaming is". It's always strictly "you guys are dumb for thinking consoles are a better alternative to PC's", and it's never just "well, PC's are a better gaming platform because [insert reasons here]". I always happen to see PC gamers demean console gamers in some way (like in this very thread), and sometimes even when there's one PC gamer who is being genuinely nice and stating the reasons PC gaming is good, some mongrel shows up and starts flaming about PC's or consoles, which ignites a negative response from both sides.

Point is, we should be discussing why PC gaming is great - because it is - rather than why console gamers are "illogical". It's just a matter of sounding more appealing and making it sound like we actually want the best experience for them (it's called "customer service"), rather than just sounding like raging mongrels who are pretty much no different than the raging console fanboys PC gamers mock so often. Yes, you should be more polite, even if you do honestly think, deep down, that console gamers are dumb.

Also, what VellBell said.
---
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>
#139LvthnPosted 8/9/2014 11:37:18 AM
Ertrick36 posted...
Well, I'd say it's because the PC gamers who bother speaking to console gamers don't bother with any kind of humility or politeness when they want to tell the console gamers "how great PC gaming is". It's always strictly "you guys are dumb for thinking consoles are a better alternative to PC's", and it's never just "well, PC's are a better gaming platform because [insert reasons here]". I always happen to see PC gamers demean console gamers in some way (like in this very thread), and sometimes even when there's one PC gamer who is being genuinely nice and stating the reasons PC gaming is good, some mongrel shows up and starts flaming about PC's or consoles, which ignites a negative response from both sides.

Point is, we should be discussing why PC gaming is great - because it is - rather than why console gamers are "illogical". It's just a matter of sounding more appealing and making it sound like we actually want the best experience for them (it's called "customer service"), rather than just sounding like raging mongrels who are pretty much no different than the raging console fanboys PC gamers mock so often. Yes, you should be more polite, even if you do honestly think, deep down, that console gamers are dumb.

What the actual f***? Customer service? Are we supposed to be on payroll?

And you wonder why the term peasant came to be. This may come as a shock, but when I buy electronics, I don't sign a contract in blood in which my fate becomes inextricably tied to the corporation.
#140ClouddxPosted 8/9/2014 11:54:42 AM(edited)
Desulated posted...
Clouddx posted...
Desulated posted...
If you didn't study the bare-bone basics of computer science/engineering, that's not gonna happen.

HAHAHA, you have no clue what Comp Sci or Comp Engineering is do you? Let me give you a hint, neither one has much to do with building a computer like people do on here.

Congratulations. You just proved my point that the PC userbase is not worth sticking around for.

Congrats, I also play console games. You're statement was just ignorant tho. It's like saying you need a degree in Electrical Engineering to plug something into a wall outlet. Well you don't.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S