This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you wouldn't want to game on pc

#141nutslapPosted 8/9/2014 12:53:36 PM
Get me mario kart 8 and the next legend of zelda on pc and we can talk.

i also import and sell console games at a profit (occasionally lose a buck or two).
couldn't possibly achieve that on a pc.
---
maybe she's born with it
or maybe.. it's MAYBELLINE
#142hitokiri13Posted 8/9/2014 1:02:16 PM(edited)
I find it more of a hassle to set up console after finishing work on PC. While with PC you can jump into gaming after finishing work on the PC. Consoles doesn't let you go to Gamefaqs except the Wii but it's limited browsing is not good for me.

What can you do on console other than gaming?

Also game wise I never like many of exclusive on consoles interesting so I'm not that hardcore gamer like owning over a thousand games.

It really depends on the person than amount of games. If you like the game then buy it. Don't just limit yourself to one platform but don't ever just force yourself to get a game or a system you don't like due to peer pressure!!

I see this a lot like my friend he got pressured by his friends to get PS3 for Tomb Raider but he never finished it or put any more than 30 mins in the game. He just don't find it interesting and he got stuck with PS3 with one game.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#143a687947Posted 8/9/2014 1:19:19 PM
Clouddx posted...
LikeGoodMorning posted...
Clouddx posted...
Like I said, that's the bare minimum... but at least it can play games. The $300 build will absolutely beat consoles in anything.

My brother has the $300 setup and he plays anything with no problems whatsoever.

I seriously doubt that. $400 for the ps4 would be a much better value when it comes to long term. You're not factoring in optimization and how good games can look on the weak hardware.

Plus the hardware is going to be pretty out of date when the real next gen pc games come in 2015/2016 while the ps4 should be able to play the games much better than the $300 pc can. Also remember that most games on pc seem to never be optimized well which lowers the value of these cheap pc setups a lot imo.

You don't know what you're talking about. My brother owns the system, I can attest to its capabilities. Console games for the most part aren't even close to 1080p. And in a year or two 1/2 way thru the consoles life cycle a PC that can match or beat consoles will be even cheaper.

Please what this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtLVktnzO2M

Also, here's a video of the system playing Crysis 3 with no problems whatsoever on higher settings than consoles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4pwKrvfKBs

So if you wanna sacrifice a little FPS instead of having 50+, you can bump up the settings and run it at 30fps all while looking way better than any of the consoles.

That will not hit 30fps at max settings in metro last light, maybe at 1366x768 but definitely not at 1080p. The only way that could happen is if ssaa is off completely, so that wouldn't be max settings
#144RaikouenPosted 8/9/2014 1:28:04 PM(edited)
hitokiri13 posted...
I find it more of a hassle to set up console after finishing work on PC. While with PC you can jump into gaming after finishing work on the PC. Consoles doesn't let you go to Gamefaqs except the Wii but it's limited browsing is not good for me.

You actually can go on GameFAQs, as well as many other sites, using any console. Even the Vita does GameFAQs.

You also get integrated voice chat, video chat, video streaming, Blu-ray playback, decent browsers, music streaming, and more on consoles. Heck, Xbox One is centered around being able to stream media, even you own cable connections, through the system and be able to change channels and do multiple tasks at once just by using your voice. Both PS4 and X1 even have video recording, editing, sharing, and upload built into the systems.

That is a bit more than "just gaming".
#145mooreandrew58Posted 8/9/2014 1:40:53 PM
perhaps when I have the money to throw away on a decent rig. I know its cheaper in the long run and all that good stuff. just gotta have that initial amount of money to buy/build a good PC first, mind you im too broke to even buy a next gen console at the moment. But if any gen has made me strongly consider going to PC its this one so far each system has maybe one game that I know for sure I will want. Wii U, zelda, ps4 FF 15, xb1 I actually have no clue except now that they are making or are going to make a kinectless sku i'd rather play multiplats on it just cause I heavily prefer xbox controllers

oh and that is one reason i haven't considered gaming pcs yet. haven't seen a decent PC controller, but to be honest haven't really looked just seen ones people I know are PC gamers have. like my brother has one and its basically like a third party ps2 controller. sure there a better ones just more expensive as the one my bro bought was like 20 bucks (and for that price I do find the controller to be good)
---
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"
#146RedDragonFB55Posted 8/9/2014 1:41:40 PM
Because consoles cater more to the collector. I like physical media and limited editions and sweet first party accessories.

Pc gaming is also complicated. Or at least more complicated than consoles. Its just a matter of opinion. What's more important to you is what pc does better. What's more important to me consoles do better.

And I started gaming before graphics and fps were cool
#147hitokiri13Posted 8/9/2014 1:42:57 PM(edited)
Raikouen posted...
hitokiri13 posted...

You actually can go on GameFAQs, as well as many other sites, using any console. Even the Vita does GameFAQs.

You also get integrated voice chat, video chat, video streaming, Blu-ray playback, decent browsers, music streaming, and more on consoles. Heck, Xbox One is centered around being able to stream media, even you own cable connections, through the system and be able to change channels and do multiple tasks at once just by using your voice. Both PS4 and X1 even have video recording, editing, sharing, and upload built into the systems.

Interesting I haven't follow up on PS4 and X1. But can you compare it editing capabilities to Adobe suite? I pay that monthly I usually edit videos from my Canon EOS 5d Mark II with Magic Lantern Firmware. I use around 3 to 4 TB so my computer has like 10 TB total of hard drives. I'm planning to expand it to 18TB next few years for 4k.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#148supermegabloxPosted 8/9/2014 2:01:51 PM
building a computer sounds complicated >_> and ive heard paying someone to do it costs a ton
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#149RaikouenPosted 8/9/2014 2:15:36 PM
hitokiri13 posted...
Raikouen posted...
hitokiri13 posted...

Interesting I haven't follow up on PS4 and X1. But can you compare it editing capabilities to Adobe suite? I pay that monthly I usually edit videos from my Canon EOS 5d Mark II with Magic Lantern Firmware. I use around 3 to 4 TB so my computer has like 10 TB total of hard drives. I'm planning to expand it to 18TB next few years for 4k.

Adobe and other PC oriented editing software has more possibilities, but Share Factory and Upload Studio do allow you to put in different audio files, visual effects, cut segments, and other things before uploading it. It's neat and handy, but it's not too in depth.

Still saves the $150+ for a good recording device, though.
#150ArthasRebornPosted 8/9/2014 2:28:15 PM
supermegablox posted...
building a computer sounds complicated >_> and ive heard paying someone to do it costs a ton

Honestly, when I first started out, I was scared about messing my parts up. I got a friend to do it for me, and friend discount means I paid for a few slices of pizza and a movie. Computers aren't nearly as niche as people make it seem and you probably already have a friend willing to do it, if not for free, then at a pretty decent price.

Not going to lie, though. After seven years, I'm still anxious when it involves taking apart my computer and putting it back together. There's that mini heart attack I get when it doesn't turn on, then I realise I forgot to plug it in.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg