This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you wouldn't want to game on pc

#151urukhai2005Posted 8/9/2014 2:32:29 PM
I have a laptop and my old pc, I game on my laptop more so than pc.
My pc is so old it don't run the new games anymore but not only that ,,,it doesn't run my really old games as well lolllol. if I tried to upgrade I would have to upgrade everything and that cost a lot pc is gathering dust.
I really like the Steam service with auto updates and collections that pc gamers have but there's still issues with games not being compatible on new pcs and the fragmented versions of windows and graphics cards floating around causing this issue. Gaming on PC is a lot of hassle, most pcs will not run games at ultra settings, some games have compatibility issues, upgrading pcs is not that easy a simple graphics card change will not get you far if other components are holding you back like the motherboard, PC gaming is usually done on a keyboard and mouse but you can get joy pads, pc is way bigger that's why steam boxes is being anticipated, it's not aesthetically pleasing , pcs can do more like internet but you can do that now with your phone.
I've a laptop and already it's getting attacked by virus and avast sometimes would say " threat detected", most pcs will get virus 100% of the time. Even though PC have better hardware the games is what really matters. If you look at the PC section of gamefaqs top 10 you will see the games that are popular and notice they are old games! Gaming is about playing the games not playing with the hardware. Most casual gamers like 9 year olds simply don't know how to defrag and fix pc components like motherboard.
---
"Nothing is impossible when you have complete control of the environment..."
#152LamacePosted 8/9/2014 2:40:20 PM
Here's the only one I can think of, personal preference. Some people simply prefer playing on a console than on a PC. You can shout and scream the advantages that PC gaming has over consoles till your blue in the face, but if it's not their preference to play on a PC, then you might as well be shouting at a brick wall. That's just the way it is.
#153RadarPosted 8/9/2014 2:56:08 PM
Not dealing with PC Water Walkers like Clouddx. That would be a definite plus.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#154DAMIDDLEFINGERPosted 8/9/2014 3:02:07 PM
Because the majority of games I play are only released on consoles.
---
Not changing this sig until MegaMan Legends 3 is released. Started on 10/23/2011.
#155otterguy12Posted 8/9/2014 3:05:17 PM
I don't game on PCs because I dont want to associate myself with all these "PC Mustard-Faces".
---
Only a Falcon Punch can break pure Nintendium.
"PC is not part of console wars. Did you see gods being part of world war I and II?" -Tyranius2
#156AsucaHayashiPosted 8/9/2014 3:07:54 PM
heh... this was supposed to be a PC gamer thread with undeniable reasons to play on console and look at all dat peasantry.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#157otterguy12Posted 8/9/2014 3:08:50 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
heh... this was supposed to be a PC gamer thread with undeniable reasons to play on console and look at all dat peasantry.

My point, proven.
---
Only a Falcon Punch can break pure Nintendium.
"PC is not part of console wars. Did you see gods being part of world war I and II?" -Tyranius2
#158akuma634Posted 8/9/2014 3:09:07 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
if your only taste in gaming doesn't extend beyond JRPGs.

If that were the case, these people would only be playing SNES, PS1, and PS2.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#159AsucaHayashiPosted 8/9/2014 3:16:20 PM
akuma634 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
if your only taste in gaming doesn't extend beyond JRPGs.

If that were the case, these people would only be playing SNES, PS1, and PS2.

you're assuming they are old enough to have been around each of the consoles during their time.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#160VideoGameXVPosted 8/9/2014 3:35:49 PM
Console Exclusives - First and Third Party
The majority of JRPG's, Fighting and most Japanese developed games.