This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you wouldn't want to game on pc

#161SythisTaruPosted 8/9/2014 2:36:51 PM
VideoGameXV posted...
Console Exclusives - First and Third Party
The majority of JRPG's, Fighting and most Japanese developed games.

Lol, Japan..
#162SneakiestNegPosted 8/9/2014 3:17:19 PM
Because installing a new graphics card is not fun. I like games, don't care about the tech that runs them. Have other priorities these days.
#163truekainPosted 8/9/2014 3:19:56 PM
Gotta say, the "I prefer consoles because JRPGs" argument makes me chuckle.

10 years ago it would hold merit and I would agree that it's better to have a console, but today, thanks mostly to the rise of emulators, the PC has by far the largest collection of JRPGs available on a single machine, including all the best ones.
---
A good elf is a dead elf.
#164LvthnPosted 8/9/2014 3:20:05 PM
otterguy12 posted...
I don't game on PCs because I dont want to associate myself with all these "PC Mustard-Faces".

It's sort of ironic to say that you've above that but apparently still so childish that you let other people decide what you do.
#165SneakiestNegPosted 8/9/2014 3:20:40 PM
Also I was saddened when Crysis became the poster child for pc gaming. I still play old PC games that are not about graphics.
#166SneakiestNegPosted 8/9/2014 3:23:28 PM
I do have respect for the pc gamers who play games like Civ and Crusader King.
#167mjc0961Posted 8/9/2014 3:33:01 PM
Raikouen posted...
My reasons for delaying so long are as followed:

1. The few times I played PC games in the past, like Red Alert, RA2, and Morrowind, they were painful installs and setups. You had to know which folders they work best in, how to properly align all extra content, and still hope you got it working right if you are new. Gettin my new computer when I have no internet to download through Steam made this apparent again. In comparison, just pop a disc into a PlayStation and you're playing within seconds, no complications involved aside from maybe a patch and install, all done automatically.

I've played Red Alert 1 and 2 and can say with confidence that you are completely full of s***. What folders they work best in?! B**** please.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#168mjc0961Posted 8/9/2014 3:33:41 PM
truekain posted...
Gotta say, the "I prefer consoles because JRPGs" argument makes me chuckle.

10 years ago it would hold merit and I would agree that it's better to have a console, but today, thanks mostly to the rise of emulators, the PC has by far the largest collection of JRPGs available on a single machine, including all the best ones.

Not everyone likes to steal- sorry, "copyright infringe"- their games.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#169MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/9/2014 3:34:48 PM
lmao all the peasantry in this topic makes me glad I don't own a console anymore
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#170Talinthis2Posted 8/9/2014 3:37:28 PM
because my couch is more comfy..

oh wait, i have an hdmi cable from my computer to my tv for longer gaming sessions... i dunno then.