This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When metro redux releases, play 2033 or Last Light first?

#11WyzeGyePosted 8/9/2014 4:04:59 PM
Read metro 2033, play last light
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#12xVSaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 4:47:38 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
2033. Gameplay in the Redux versions has been tweaked as well so take posts that say 2033 has broken mechanics with a grain of salt. (The original version of 2033 has bad stealth mechanics and psychic AI which made certain missions very annoying.)

that's what I've been seeing a lot of but the ign preview I just watched said they improved stealth and much more in 2033 and overall improved 2033 more than LL

LL is the more actiony game? I like story and action as long as it's like 60:40
#13TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 8/9/2014 6:10:18 PM
xVSaNx posted...
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
2033. Gameplay in the Redux versions has been tweaked as well so take posts that say 2033 has broken mechanics with a grain of salt. (The original version of 2033 has bad stealth mechanics and psychic AI which made certain missions very annoying.)

that's what I've been seeing a lot of but the ign preview I just watched said they improved stealth and much more in 2033 and overall improved 2033 more than LL

LL is the more actiony game? I like story and action as long as it's like 60:40

Not exactly sure what you're getting at.

The original 2033 had some big problems. They're improving 2033 more because it's older and had more problems than LL. They're improving it so that it's on par with LL. That way it doesn't feel like you're playing two different games and you notice the improvements when you go onto the second game. They want it to be a seamless transition so you're thinking about the story and the atmosphere, and not the mechanics which should come naturally.

I wouldn't say LL is more actiony. When I say it has better gameplay, I don't mean it's more actiony, I mean it's less broken. They're trying to patch up 2033 so that they're both not broken.
---
Steam: Sydite
#14SilentHawk29Posted 8/9/2014 6:25:27 PM
SmoboHash posted...
I got stuck outside with no gas mask filters and no recent save gave me a way to find more, which put an end to my run. I was quite sad.

You can start levels over.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#15xVSaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 6:56:07 PM
ah nice, so 2033 should be the definite start then? from the aforementioned ign video 2033 looked like it still had a lot of action, looked really fun like fallout so I'm very interested in getting the redux

is it open world btw?
#16dementedlullabyPosted 8/9/2014 7:09:16 PM
No, the game is chapter based. As others stated it is a corridor shooter really.

Difficulty setting between Ranger and normal makes a big difference in the way you play. Also there are new modes with the Redux, Survival which makes for a more tense experience (probably by limiting ammo) and I think one more that makes it more action-y. Could be wrong on the last one.

Personally I find the discount isn't enough. I might get 2033 though. Last Light Redux really feels like it should be a patch. For newcomers it's a good deal though. I would imagine it is the definitive experience.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#17Anrui_Posted 8/9/2014 7:34:24 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
SmoboHash posted...
I got stuck outside with no gas mask filters and no recent save gave me a way to find more, which put an end to my run. I was quite sad.

You can start levels over.

Don't worry I've seen them say this exact same thing for months now every time these games come up in conversation. They're lying.
---
1.0: http://i.imgur.com/tP5HsE3.png
ARR: http://i.imgur.com/D4ArLDE.png
#18rainedownPosted 8/9/2014 7:39:24 PM
There any good mods to fix up 2033 for people who have the original version? I remember enjoying it for a while and then my interest petering out after running into some crappy mechanics and I think getting lost in an it side area.

Definitely not trying to knock it or anything, and the fixed up version sounds great, but I'd rather not but it twice if I can play the original fixed up a little.
#19dementedlullabyPosted 8/9/2014 7:42:37 PM
The game has no mod support. Doubt Redux versions will either. You may be able to use sweetfx but that's about it.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#20xVSaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 8:50:33 PM
yeah Spartan difficulty setting that's more action oriented, might try that since i'll be playing with my lady

definitely started on 2033 to see how it feels with the updated graphics and mechanics, seems like a game i'll like and i'm excited to play another good new shooter; wolfenstein didn't really feel too fun to me, i like horror elements and the ign video sequence really looked a lot like fallout