This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ultra SF4 has showed up in my Steam list?

#1kingoffpsPosted 8/9/2014 12:46:26 PM
I definitely have not bought the Ultra upgrade. Super SF4 has disappeared and been replaced by Ultra.

But I'm right in thinking that Ultra has to be paid for? So wtf?
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#2arleasPosted 8/9/2014 12:52:13 PM(edited)
Yeah it says the same thing for me...Free upgrade?

Actually starting it up (or trying to start it up), the window says SSFIVAE... so it might just be an error in the library list...I had to validate the files and it said something like 7500 files failed to validate and had to be downloaded... BUT If I go to the store page for ultra street fighter IV, it says I already own it there too...
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#3CatholicChurchPosted 8/9/2014 12:58:42 PM
can someone explain this?
---
PM me to hear more about Jesus Christ and the wonderful things that can happen to you as a result..TODAY!
http://i.imgur.com/QZMyhoo.jpg
#4OmegaFlare18Posted 8/9/2014 12:59:09 PM
wow, says it for me too.

Tried to buy it (or anything on Steam) yesterday and it kept error'ing so this is nice...if I actually do got it
---
Steam ID: mystr_E
#5returnofbeansPosted 8/9/2014 12:59:18 PM
if it's anything like the 360 upgrade, your menus and images stay just like super but your content will be changed into ultra. atleast thats how it is in the 360. i have yet to get this game on PC so it might just be an error and you guys haven't gotten lucky lol.
---
Intel i5-4750 3.2Ghz / MSI Z87-G41 / 2X 4GB DDR3 / 2 TB HDD / Geforce GTX 580 / 500W 80+ bronze
#6GoldninjaPosted 8/9/2014 1:03:41 PM
Pretty sure it's a mistake on the list.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#7BiglabronPosted 8/9/2014 1:53:56 PM
you are on steam and hurry to game faqs forums?

Just click into the SF steam forums and it's like the first tagged thread.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#8clarkladnerPosted 8/9/2014 1:55:04 PM
from the steam forums

PSA: Name Change from SSF4AE to Ultra SFIV in your Game Library
Hi all,

Most if not all of you should have noted the name in your Steam Library list has changed to Ultra Street Fighter IV since the game has now officially launched. Steam Store page has also been refreshed to Ultra.

Now, it may be confusing for owners who haven't upgraded to Ultra since the Library List will now show "Ultra Street Fighter IV" even if you haven't upgraded from SSF4AE.

This is an unfortunate side effect and there's not much that can be done since both Ultra SFIV and SSF4AE share the same AppID in order to enable network compatibility between upgrade users (those who upgraded from SSF4AE) and full-on USF4 owners (customers new to the series on PC).

TL;DR version...if you didn't buy Ultra, you still only have access to SSF4AE.

- wbacon
#9KidInTheHallPosted 8/9/2014 1:57:03 PM
Yeah I put the Ultra upgrade in my cart and it didn't prompt me that I already owned it.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#10Fade2black001Posted 8/9/2014 2:00:23 PM
clarkladner posted...
from the steam forums

PSA: Name Change from SSF4AE to Ultra SFIV in your Game Library
Hi all,

Most if not all of you should have noted the name in your Steam Library list has changed to Ultra Street Fighter IV since the game has now officially launched. Steam Store page has also been refreshed to Ultra.

Now, it may be confusing for owners who haven't upgraded to Ultra since the Library List will now show "Ultra Street Fighter IV" even if you haven't upgraded from SSF4AE.

This is an unfortunate side effect and there's not much that can be done since both Ultra SFIV and SSF4AE share the same AppID in order to enable network compatibility between upgrade users (those who upgraded from SSF4AE) and full-on USF4 owners (customers new to the series on PC).

TL;DR version...if you didn't buy Ultra, you still only have access to SSF4AE.

- wbacon

Bummer.. I wanted a free upgrade
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.