This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people here hate Origin?

#31mjc0961Posted 8/9/2014 6:21:59 PM
jake-sf posted...
x_Alpha_x posted...
I actually don't give a **** I mean seriously, I could give a **** less about some company politics that I have no control over. If I want to play a game I'll play it, Doesn't matter if its on Steam or Origin. I play games not companies. IMO the moment you start to care more about the politics and inner workings of the company instead of "Is this game fun? Do I like this game? Am I enjoying myself" then you should stop considering yourself a gamer...and that goes for ANY platform.

Funny.

I think the exact opposite.

You're not a gamer.

You're just a person that doesn't care about the state of gaming.

Literally. You don't give a ****.

Don't get me wrong, that alone is fine. They're just games, if you're not passionate to a particular level toward them you don't have to care beyond what you do.

But please. Companies like EA is what ruins the gaming industry. People that don't care and buy into them are part of why gaming is at its worst.

Caring about the fate of gaming = not being a gamer = makes no sense to me.

Quoted for truth. Alpha is so wrong it's not funny.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#32machetemanPosted 8/9/2014 6:34:34 PM(edited)
sorry hipster soapbox gamers....the gaming climate has changed. gaming is mainstream now and there are hundreds of thousands of gamers that only buy the newest CoD and Assassins Creed because of name only.

Good luck trying to get the smallest portion of the gaming population to change one of the worlds largest industries.

im not going to sit around and pass on games that are fun to play due to some misguided hatred towards something that is impossible to control.

play the games you find fun and interesting and enjoy your hobby.
#33Haley Joel OsmentPosted 8/9/2014 6:42:32 PM
King Pazuzu posted...
1. Competition is good for the consumer.

That's a stupid argument. If EA's games were still available on Steam, I'd have zero problem with Origin. Great, competition, yay, but it wherever's cheapest. But they're not. In fact, EA actively removed games from Steam when they launched Origin, because they wanted to hold them to ransom and force people to download it, and that's still their tactic three years on.

---
I see dead people.
#34YeonGoaPosted 8/9/2014 7:08:56 PM
Mackorov posted...
YeonGoa posted...
King Pazuzu posted...

1. Competition is good for the consumer.

It's not really competition though. I see it more as EA and Ubisoft just being greedy and not wanting to put their games on Steam cause they'll have less control over the consumer as far as DRM and such.

They're not being greedy. This is business. You know who owns a monopoly in the entire PC platform right now? Yeah that's right, it's Valve because of Steam. And you know how much they profit of EACH and EVERY game on their precious DRM client? It's usually about 30% of the cut they get.
Of course no developer wants that, yet they have no choice since Steam has become the only de facto place to market their games. Ubisoft and EA have their resources, so they're trying to break away from this.
But as expected, you people are so used to Steam you've become pure biased to it. Remember when Steam first came out? It was panned just as much by everyone.
And what's wrong with having one or two extra clients for your games? Are you actually planning to play the games or spend time surfing Origin then later complaining about it?

Ea wanted a bigger share of the profits from their games call it greed, business, or whatever you want. I don't mind games being on Origin or the client itself. I just dont see it as competition because, like someone else said, it's mainly EA titles so you either get it from Origin or you dont.
#35MackorovPosted 8/9/2014 7:23:27 PM
macheteman posted...
sorry hipster soapbox gamers....the gaming climate has changed. gaming is mainstream now and there are hundreds of thousands of gamers that only buy the newest CoD and Assassins Creed because of name only.

Good luck trying to get the smallest portion of the gaming population to change one of the worlds largest industries.

im not going to sit around and pass on games that are fun to play due to some misguided hatred towards something that is impossible to control.

play the games you find fun and interesting and enjoy your hobby.

This. I can tell most here probably spend more time discussing games then actually playing it. I seriously couldnt care less about who owns what. I play for the games. Is it to much of a hassle to just double click another client like Origin and UPlay? Just login and play. It barely takes a couple of seconds.
And anyone who thinks boycotting EA or whatever is gonna make difference is just being delusional.
#36x_Alpha_xPosted 8/9/2014 7:29:26 PM
mjc0961 posted...
jake-sf posted...
x_Alpha_x posted...
I actually don't give a **** I mean seriously, I could give a **** less about some company politics that I have no control over. If I want to play a game I'll play it, Doesn't matter if its on Steam or Origin. I play games not companies. IMO the moment you start to care more about the politics and inner workings of the company instead of "Is this game fun? Do I like this game? Am I enjoying myself" then you should stop considering yourself a gamer...and that goes for ANY platform.

Funny.

I think the exact opposite.

You're not a gamer.

You're just a person that doesn't care about the state of gaming.

Literally. You don't give a ****.

Don't get me wrong, that alone is fine. They're just games, if you're not passionate to a particular level toward them you don't have to care beyond what you do.

But please. Companies like EA is what ruins the gaming industry. People that don't care and buy into them are part of why gaming is at its worst.

Caring about the fate of gaming = not being a gamer = makes no sense to me.

Quoted for truth. Alpha is so wrong it's not funny.

lmao i'm wrong? you think EA gives any times of S*** about you pissing and moaning about their policies? OR ubisoft OR Activision? if they did it wouldn't have implemented them in the first place. You think you complaining about wanting diversity reaches the ears of the higher ups that make up the rules? I vote with my wallet. I buy what I want. I buy the DLC that I want. If I don't want to? Then I don't. If I feel the microtransactions are BS then I won't buy into them. THAT'S how I make a difference. But I don't go around preaching the "BIG COMPANIES ARE RUINING GAMING" hate brigade. Talk is cheap, you want to do something about policies? then buy the games you want based off of things that interest you NOT based off of companie politics. You think Nintendo gives a crap that people "didn't want motion controls"? NO. You Think Ubisoft cares that they make a complete joke of themselves to the PC market by dumbing down graphics? NO. Because if they did they would have fixed it THEMSELVES because if these companies listened to any of your wah wah cry baby BS then change would have done LONG AGO. Make change with your wallets NOT with your words.
---
This is why we can't have nice things.
#37jake-sfPosted 8/9/2014 9:27:46 PM(edited)
So... I don't buy from EA... and I encourage people not buying from EA by telling them how crap they are.

The more people hate them, the better.

Sounds like I got it right, silly baby.

Of course I don't have the pretension to believe that I change minds with my posts, but you, you should try getting over yourself.

Considering the anti-hate position you adopt, you sure have a dirty mouth.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#38x_Alpha_xPosted 8/9/2014 9:43:25 PM
jake-sf posted...
So... I don't buy from EA... and I encourage people not buying from EA by telling them how crap they are.

The more people hate them, the better.

Sounds like I got it right, silly baby.

Of course I don't have the pretension to believe that I change minds with my posts, but you, you should try getting over yourself.

Considering the anti-hate position you adopt, you sure have a dirty mouth.

wait... you just said "I encourage people not buying from EA by telling them how crap they are" So you want other people to Ignore a game they might possibly have fun with because of YOUR problem with the company policies but I should get over myself aye?...hmmm...got it. =D
---
This is why we can't have nice things.
#39-5xad0w-Posted 8/9/2014 9:48:37 PM
Because next to Steam it's the other thing.

People always hate the other thing.

And in all seriousness a lot of people were already deeply vested in Steam, a platform which sold and still sells many EA games, and simply don't want to have to use another platform.

The guy who makes a unified front end that logs you into any and all digital distribution clients and presents all your games under a single, unified list while hiding the guts neatly out of sight would be heralded as a messianic figure amongst modern gamers.....before being sued into obscurity.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#40jake-sfPosted 8/9/2014 10:05:23 PM
x_Alpha_x posted...

wait... you just said "I encourage people not buying from EA by telling them how crap they are" So you want other people to Ignore a game they might possibly have fun with because of YOUR problem with the company policies but I should get over myself aye?...hmmm...got it. =D

Jesus, you're such a child. You're just trolling me. I'm out.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/