This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows saints row 4?

#1refmonPosted 8/9/2014 5:38:14 PM
Might pick it up along with all the dlc
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#2Nmilek1Posted 8/9/2014 5:48:14 PM
Very high on the fun factor, which in my mind is all that matters in a game. It's silly as all hell though story and characters are ridiculous and looks nothing spectacular.
#3Uchiha_MicahPosted 8/9/2014 5:48:30 PM
I grabbed it during the summer sale and just started playing it last night, loving it so far. The super powers are awesome
---
"I wasn't carded. My facial hair was too powerful for the weak-willed GameStop employee" i lol'd
#4Clutch_TheoryPosted 8/9/2014 6:09:01 PM
It super fun definitely. The story was pretty wacky which is a big minus for me so I didnt end up finishing it, but I'd definitely say its worth the 10 bucks its at right now.
#5blax34dmPosted 8/9/2014 6:36:41 PM
How necessary is the DLC? Is it worth just getting the normal game for 10$ if I don't really wanna spend 20 right now?
#6MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/9/2014 6:37:43 PM
It's alright. I liked 3 better, but 4 is worth your time.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#7Knighted DragonPosted 8/9/2014 6:59:12 PM
It's a terrible Saints Row game but a pretty okay Crackdown sequel. It's definitely better than 3, but worse than 2 by a long shot. If you want a fun super hero game, buy it. If you want a sequel to Saints Row 2 (ignoring the terrible third game) then don't buy it. It's not a GTA clone anymore, now it's a Crackdown / Prototype clone
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#8mjc0961Posted 8/9/2014 7:08:07 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
It's a terrible Saints Row game but a pretty okay Crackdown sequel. It's definitely better than 3, but worse than 2 by a long shot. If you want a fun super hero game, buy it. If you want a sequel to Saints Row 2 (ignoring the terrible third game) then don't buy it. It's not a GTA clone anymore, now it's a Crackdown / Prototype clone

Pretty much sums it up. If you go in expecting Saints Row, you're gonna have a bad time. But it's an absolute joy to play as it does what it tries to do very, very well.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#9XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/9/2014 7:10:43 PM
SR died when SR3 came out and SR4 ensured there's no bringing it back to life
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#10KaiRyusakiPosted 8/9/2014 7:43:56 PM
It's fun mixed with fun.

Only DLC you need is Season Pass. Everything else is cosmetics.