This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PIck a favorite game of yours - now tell us something bad about it

#1HighOnPhazonPosted 8/9/2014 9:49:57 PM
Don't let your feelings hold anything back, here we will tear apart something about some of our favorite games. These can be from any system, and any time period.

I'll start. One of my favorite all time games is Deus Ex. Still to this day there aren't many games that have surpassed it in my mind. I still have a few issues with it overall though. My biggest issue is just about everything after China sucks. I really love the game right up until you start to go to France, but then I usually lose interest in the playthrough and move on. I've only actually completed Deus Ex twice in my whole life, but I've played up until leaving Hong Kong numerous times over the years.

It's just something about it that makes me not want to continue. France, from what I remember, was pretty boring and short, then you're pretty much off to Vandenburg and end game, which I just wanted to rush through to get to the ending the second time beat it.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#2alsroboshackPosted 8/9/2014 9:51:25 PM
Zeno Clash 2, cliff hanger ending to a game that might not ever get a 3rd.
---
some people treat life as a game,
some people treat games as life.
#3ChromaticAngelPosted 8/9/2014 10:17:53 PM
Half-Life 2. The bad thing about this game is that it eventually ends.
---
RPG Spotlight: Divine Divinity http://www.gog.com/game/divine_divinity
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/cYnYXp6H
#4TheBorderColliePosted 8/9/2014 10:25:52 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...

To be honest, I've never really understood all of the love that Half-Life 2 gets. Yeah, it's good....but it's certainly not the holy grail of gaming that some folks claim.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#5Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 8/9/2014 10:33:05 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...

To be honest, I've never really understood all of the love that Half-Life 2 gets. Yeah, it's good....but it's certainly not the holy grail of gaming that some folks claim.

I thought it was pretty boring with too much filler, but to each their own.

Fallout New Vegas, most definitely the biggest reason I don't want to play it is because of the instability of it and the pain in the ass to get it to run with mods.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#6Bmvc1Posted 8/9/2014 10:35:09 PM
Mass Effect 2. Streamlined RPG elements. Mostly with loot.
#7-5xad0w-Posted 8/9/2014 10:38:06 PM
Game: Bible Black.

Something Bad: Despite all the sex, gender shifting school nurse Reika Kitami never uses her demon wang on the protagonist. (consensual or otherwise)

I really feel that was a missed opportunity in an otherwise masterful representation of the genre.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#8Atrix65Posted 8/9/2014 10:40:20 PM
Batman: Arkham City.

It is filled with glitches.
---
A big fan of stealth yet suck at it since 2009.
#9almightydunPosted 8/9/2014 10:43:11 PM
Game: Kings Quest V

Something Bad: motherf%#^$%# godd^%&$ bulls(*&^*% hard tear my f(&(^ hair out puzzles. Granted I was young but godd@%$ that was crazy hard. Had to buy that stupid guide with the red glasses and the hidden text just to beat that f&#$^% pile of garbage!
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#10SuigintouEVPosted 8/9/2014 10:44:46 PM
Tales of the Abyss. I can actually name quite a few issues with it, that drop it down to a "mere" 9.6/10 for me:

- Higher difficulty settings are totally broken due to poor balancing
- Free run skill is broken due to AI not being programmed to react to it.
- as a console game, it's only 480P natively
- the English dub lacks voicing in one of the most extensive parts of the game (the skit coversations) despite being voiced in the original dub - and there's no dual audio
- the battle music is kinda lame, despite the excellent soundtrack overall.
- many of the load times in the otherwise superior PS2 version border on excruciating
- the world map seems to run at 10 fps
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II