This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PIck a favorite game of yours - now tell us something bad about it

#171SuperVegito2487Posted 8/11/2014 3:42:07 PM
Hmm a game i like, and a bad thing about it... Lets see.

The Last Of Us: Hmm, default naughty dog trophy starvation.
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#172Offspring7Posted 8/11/2014 3:46:13 PM
Fallout 3 and New Vegas....

Dat lag
---
"You know, if someone else did that, they'd look like an idiot, but since you do it all the time, you can pull it off."
#173HoogovensPosted 8/11/2014 3:50:06 PM
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - Some of the enemies later in the game block to many of your attacks making the combat feel like a chore.
#174chandl34Posted 8/11/2014 4:11:53 PM(edited)
HighOnPhazon posted...
chandl34 posted...
Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13: my all-time favorite.

No matter how much tweaking I do to the XML files, I cannot make it so weapon progression does not snowball out of control in my favor. Once the game gets to sniper rifles and long-range battle scopes, a lot of the fun is over. Last playthrough, I tweaked the XML, so enemy progression would be slower. I had enemies still using pistols and low-range SMGs in my third town. But somehow... I still managed to find long-range guns. I think I even had a low-tier sniper rifle. So really, most of the fun comes from the first couple towns, and the massive Drassen counter-attack.

Defenses are still usually fun throughout the game, when every one of them turns into a re-enactment of the last battle in Saving Private Ryan. Attacks are usually boring though, because of my weapon superiority. Another issue with attacks is that most of the battles will take place where you enter the map. You don't really get to fight through the entire battlefield, which would've been really cool.

I just picked this game up finally. Was 2.99 on GoG and I downloaded 1.13. I hear that the patch is great but over-complicates things for newbies. Do you think I can just go ahead and start right with 1.13? I'm fairly competent when it comes to TBS games, but this game is a whole new experience.

You might want to create a different thread for this.

1.13 by default, will make the game significantly more difficult. You may want to give it a shot without 1.13 for your first run. Maybe just take a few towns to get a feel for the game, then start over with 1.13. There are a significant number of new weapons in 1.13, much smarter AI, and the new inventory system. Unless you're an expert at the game, you won't be able to take a town immediately in 1.13 like you can in vanilla. So it helps to know the original, so you know how to make money without having a town. Go to San Mona, do the quests, and box every few days.

Default 1.13 may still have the 100-point AP system? That's one thing you'll probably want to switch back to the 25-point AP system. Some of 1.13 developers wanted to get more leverage out of the 25-point system by expanding it 100, but I think it's pointless.

I'd also recommend turning off reinforcements for both sides. They make city-taking really lame, because you and the enemy will pull in help from neighboring regions. It makes what used to be a 6v20 into a 26v60 or something. This isn't M&B:Warband-- you probably don't want huge numbers like that on the field.

With 1.13, taking over Drassen is going to cause a massive counter attack. You'll have to defend about six times, each by a squad of elite troops. It may be more than you're ready for, if you've never played the game before.

I think the latest release of 1.13 also introduced new specializations, which are more complex than the original specializations (such as night vision and automatic weapons). So, there's a little more to consider when choosing a character.

I'd also recommend using the old 1.13 targeting system, rather than the new one that was just released. It should be in the options menu.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#175TitanStrikePosted 8/11/2014 3:52:07 PM
tf2

random crits, random dmg spread, random bullet spread, some pretty terribly balanced weapons, poorly optimized (i mean, it was fine and dandy, but 300 patches later it's bloated. does that mean it runs slow? no, but a game from 2007 should be e z to run, where i need to use 3rd party scripts to make it run at a moderately stable 30 fps.), the fact that the devs are trash (excuse you, not valve. the fact that they have like 3 interns doing it instead of actual people. and why shouldn't they? it's a cash cow and they don't need to put much effort in to get gazilllions of dollars from it), so many bugs/glitches (such as sentry belts stretching to the ground at the upgrade from lvl 2-3, been in the game for freaking years. seriously fix your s*** valve... or interns of valve).

so fun though
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#176TitanStrikePosted 8/11/2014 3:53:43 PM
CatToy posted...
(Demoman, Engineer, Sniper, Spy, I'm looking at you)

okay demoman, yes. demoknight dumb. engineer is still mostly used for defense, gunslinger just lets him be kind of viable on offense. sniper is literally the same, stock unlocks are all superior (except razorback is used in high level play) spy is played as he should be unless you're awful
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#177Richardthe3rdPosted 8/11/2014 3:57:10 PM
Super Metroid.

The bad thing about it?

Damn... I really have no idea...

maybe that the planet blows up removing any chance for a direct sequel?
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO
#178EntotrtePosted 8/11/2014 3:59:15 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Persona 3 FES - Amazing JRPG, with a great storyline, sour ending and amazing gameplay. But the fact that you can only control one character in battle hurts the game a little.

Play Persona 3 Portable.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and you are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
Super Mario 64 is the best game ever made.
#179LOLIAmAnAltPosted 8/11/2014 3:59:32 PM
Castlevania sotn

never had the sequel it deserved
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#180HeadEXplodePosted 8/11/2014 3:59:50 PM
RE4: protecting Ashley can be a real f***ing pain on the higher difficulties.
---
"I started thinking, 'maybe the two of us should blow up this house.' You know, just to get back at them for thinking I might blow up this house."