This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PIck a favorite game of yours - now tell us something bad about it

#181WhyitEarpPosted 8/11/2014 3:13:12 PM
A Link to the Past-The game is a flawless masterpiece
#182reincarnator07Posted 8/11/2014 3:21:15 PM
Final Fantasy 8 - Many mechanics (Junction system, advanced triple triad rules) were very poorly explained. Many of them were actually rather simple, but the game couldn't convey that at all.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#183HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 3:25:04 PM
WhyitEarp posted...
A Link to the Past-The game is a flawless masterpiece

Not exactly what I'm looking for.

I'll help you with this one.

ALttP is a wonderful game but it's entirely too easy.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#184Knightmare1128Posted 8/11/2014 3:41:21 PM
League of Legends, Everything. Especially the community.
---
You only wake up when you sleep
PSN: Knightmare8211
#185darcandkharg31Posted 8/11/2014 3:57:38 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
darcandkharg31 posted...
Digimon World

Not enough stat points from battles make you spend a good chunk of your digimons life in the gym to make your digimon stronger. So basically 1/3 of the game is training your digimon which is basically pushing X over and over again, run to resting area, rest, go back, train four more times, run to rest. eat , poop, train, rest, eat and poop some more, etc.

I'm happy to see someone who also regards the game quite highly. I will go back and play it every couple years, and I love it every time. I love the city mechanic where you need to recruit digimon to better the city. It's pretty cool to see the city expand over time.

I'm torn about the training. I like the idea of the training as it was similar to the whole tomodachi handheld craze (which is essentially what the game is based on and what the protagonist was playing in the real world at the beginning). But yeah they definitely relied waaay too much on it. It was too easy to make a mistake and then you'd be screwed out of your metal greymon. Yep it was also tedious, especially when you didn't have upgraded equipment access.

Yeah, although I dont really care what the critics say, I feel it would've scored a lot higher and been better if you could get the upgrades around 25 city points instead of almost end game At least then you didn't have to spend 15 in game days (basically a couple hours irl) trying to get enough stats to become an ultimate because thats what you need by the end battles (Factorial Town, Skull Greynon, etc.) and of course then you have your ultimate croak out on you a couple days later ( ._.)
#186yuki020Posted 8/11/2014 3:59:12 PM
Jak 3 somewhat cliffhanger ending no sequel in 10 years shorter than the previous game
#187a687947Posted 8/11/2014 4:01:09 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
darcandkharg31 posted...
Digimon World

Not enough stat points from battles make you spend a good chunk of your digimons life in the gym to make your digimon stronger. So basically 1/3 of the game is training your digimon which is basically pushing X over and over again, run to resting area, rest, go back, train four more times, run to rest. eat , poop, train, rest, eat and poop some more, etc.

I'm happy to see someone who also regards the game quite highly. I will go back and play it every couple years, and I love it every time. I love the city mechanic where you need to recruit digimon to better the city. It's pretty cool to see the city expand over time.

I'm torn about the training. I like the idea of the training as it was similar to the whole tomodachi handheld craze (which is essentially what the game is based on and what the protagonist was playing in the real world at the beginning). But yeah they definitely relied waaay too much on it. It was too easy to make a mistake and then you'd be screwed out of your metal greymon. Yep it was also tedious, especially when you didn't have upgraded equipment access.

I've really enjoyed all the Digimon World games, but to me the second one was by far the best.
#188Parmpreet001Posted 8/11/2014 4:02:29 PM
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.

The whole Disney thing just ruins the storyline, they could have made the game alot more mature, and maybe even dark if they wanted to.
#189Kageblade23Posted 8/11/2014 4:04:06 PM
bust a groove... it never had a chance after the second game... and dance summit killed it :/
---
3DSFC:1521-2934-6738, PSN(PS3/Vita):KagE_BLadE23, GT(360):KaGEBlade23
#190nightshadeAPosted 8/11/2014 4:18:15 PM
might and magic 2 the 8/16 bit elder scrolls huge world tons of strange and funny stuff which you have to find....

the bad is unless you find it it youd think it has no plot (im told it does have one )
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid