This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PIck a favorite game of yours - now tell us something bad about it

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PIck a favorite game of yours - now tell us something bad about it
1 year ago#191
I_Heart_Eevee posted...
Metroid Prime:

I seriously can't think of anything wrong with it. It is the definition of perfection.

OK fine... uhh the sequels aren't the greatest? Legit complaint I guess would be that it's a lot more linear than other Metroid games in terms of item progression. The way you sequence break in it is really by using programming glitches and not actual skill techniques like bomb jumping.

You and me, we get it, Metroid is the best.
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
1 year ago#192
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness - the bad is Core was Rushed by Eidos and it was released Unfinished and buggy
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
1 year ago#193
Psychonauts: the gameplay is kinda bland. The art design and writing more than make up for it though.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
1 year ago#194
Diablo 2: The introduction of synergies. The game was a lot more fun in 1.09, IMO, than it ever was in the later patches simply because the difficulty ramp and synergies made single skills for the most part useless. Remember the orb/TS sorc? Yeah. Not anymore. While you could get some fun out of it (like the hilariously fun but never intended Windy druid or the Bear sorc), the stupidly strong runewords that came along with it also ruined the loot system and devalued a lot of previously end game unique items in favor of mass duped runes.

Baldurs' Gate 2: Probably the one thing that sticks out glaringly is how bad most of the class kits are. Only the Fighter class has (2) useful kits, all the other kits are comparatively minor in their changes and don't offer much beyond what the base class could offer in the first place. Notable exceptions are the Inquisitor and Blade.
10,000 Days in the fire is long're going home... stop him!
1 year ago#195
Dark Souls is my favorite game EVER!!! But it is completely relentless to new players or anybody who is just trying to have a good time. The game has all sorts of beginner's traps designed to kill the player before they could have possibly anticipated it. I could praise this game (and the sun) all day but there's no denying the game can be flat out punishing.
1 year ago#196
Doom: too short.
3DS FC: 4785 5422 7178
Steam: Soldieroffate
1 year ago#197
Dark Souls

I absolutely hated it the first time I played it (on PC, no less), the controls were absolutely infuriating, I didn't understand the combat at all. I didn't touch it for a few months, it was on sale for 360 so I bit hoping the controller would make it better, and that's how we fell in love.
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18
1 year ago#198
shrooboid313 posted...
Fallout New Vegas is my favourite video game of all time, but the loading times can be a problem sometimes. It USED TO crash occasionally but for some reason it doesn't really anymore.

I envy you. Any time I put around 30-40 mods (some of them little more than basic tweaks) and 50-70 hours on a save file and all my game wants to do is commit suicide. Still an amazing game, but it definitely pisses me off to no end.
Fallout 2>NV>1>3>Every other Fallout game. Don't agree? I don't care.
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
1 year ago#199
Megaman X3

The final boss ( or rather the part after it ) is complete garbage.

hurr durr let me touch you once so you fall into the lava and get crushed because the sides are getting narrower durrrrrrr
<QuantumBagel> TASing is like dissecting a frog and rearranging it's insides so it becomes a blood fueled squirt gun
1 year ago#200
I posted earlier but I, too, have to say Oblivion.
Pro's - Spellcrafting, portable alchemy, useful alchemy, hand to hand, knock outs, fatigue, unconsciousness, underwater and in water combat, NPC's could drown, athletics, acrobatics, quests that were variable and guild specific, modding is easier, races matter, creepy inbred village, and fun.

con's - the ones that mods couldn't fix- gender specific animations, too few equip slots.
When you're dead, you don't know it. It's hard for everyone else. When you're stupid, it works the same way.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PIck a favorite game of yours - now tell us something bad about it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived