This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

browser issue

#1CloneTheHeroPosted 8/9/2014 9:57:33 PM
I need help. My browsers Chrome IE and Firefox have stopped working. I keep getting "unable to connect to the proxy server" on all of them. I have a working connection, my torrents are downloading I just got done playing Dota 2, so I have a working connection but my browsers don't work. Also, after troubleshooting, pinging to google from the command prompt, everything checked out fine, also troubleshoooting found that the problem is "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection" Detected!

I've run Spybot for anything harmful, everything checks out fine there. I'm at a loss.

I don't know what to do, I've been at it for hours. Any suggestions?
---
Currently Playing: Uncharted 3 (PS3), Shenmue (DC), Shadowrun (Genesis)
#2Tyler_NinjaCatPosted 8/9/2014 10:45:51 PM
Have you tried setting time and date to the right time?
Last time my friends computer wouldn't connect to chrome it was due to Time and Date set to sometime in 2010 instead of the current day and year
---
The lag giveth, the lag taketh away. - Orangenee
#3CloneTheHero(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 11:15:26 PM
No, my time is fine.

The only problem I encounter is when I troubleshoot internet connections, I get an issue found, "The remote device or resource wont accept the connection" "The device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".
---
Currently Playing: Uncharted 3 (PS3), Shenmue (DC), Shadowrun (Genesis)