This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

cant delete file (tried unlocker and fileassassin)

#1BrothaLynshHungPosted 8/10/2014 9:25:00 PM
i have 5 files that wont delete, show up as 0 bytes, and when i try it says "this is no longer located in (wherever it was), verify the items location and try again".
i deleted all my temp files, tried unlocker (didnt even start, i tried 2 different versions), and fileassassin (couldnt find file when i browsed for it and clicked on it, couldnt drag it to the program).
please help me
---
I kno it sounds stupid but if I get a fresh copy for rent tommarow will it have good graphics - Da Blazian
#2jedinatPosted 8/10/2014 9:26:30 PM
Sounds like they're already gone still show up because of some glitch... you try refreshing/restarting?
#3BrothaLynshHung(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 9:33:07 PM(edited)
ya man both, thank you for advice though.
Ive also tried deleting in safe mode, deleting all temp files for anything that might slightly possibly be related to the files, deleting all temp/history of my web browser and making it delete automatically from now on, deleted download logs of web browser, seemingly everything? i also tried a few cmd tricks (deleting a whole folder and deleting those specific ones) but it didnt seem to understand the space in my name (tried underscore instead) before the folder it was in (owner name in file extension)
please please help
---
I kno it sounds stupid but if I get a fresh copy for rent tommarow will it have good graphics - Da Blazian
#4arleasPosted 8/10/2014 9:48:50 PM(edited)
Maybe you're not meant to delete them:

http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-vista-management-support/30872-can-i-delete-empty-zero-length-0-bytes-files-windows.html

That suggests that even thought there are 0 byte files, there's a purpose to them and if you were successful at deleting them it would only cause problems for you later. Unless you created the file and now can't delete it, I would leave it alone.

BUT if you want to chance screwing it up... here's how:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/79699-undeletable-file-delete.html
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#5BrothaLynshHung(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 1:26:40 AM
damn thats really too bad, theyre downloads from youtube videos of girls shaking their ass and the titles are quite clear lmfao. pretty embarassing and theyre right in the downloads file first thing
---
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/11/2014 1:56:23 AM
Force a disk check.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#72Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 8/11/2014 1:56:46 AM
Can you just rename them?
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#8BrothaLynshHung(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 2:50:45 AM
i tried renaming them good sir, same cant find file error. same when i try to move them/delete.
i never tried forcing disk check ill look that up now thanks man!

also, i even tried what the dude above linked, since i knew the filed werent important and i could redownload any programs it messed up, but the names are in different language half half, so i cant even drag the text into command prompt it shows up as question marks and cant find file.

thanks again ill try disk check!
---
#9drinkPosted 8/11/2014 3:11:49 AM(edited)
try to redownload them and delete again or make a file with the same name to see windows will overwrite the phantom files with the new ones

also try to delete in safe mode
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#10SinisterSlayPosted 8/11/2014 3:53:27 AM
chkdsk c: /r

That forces a full scan, it will take several hours, maybe even all day.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence