This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

#21jedinatPosted 8/11/2014 6:25:22 PM(edited)
It looks pretty decent to me. Y'all are a bunch of downers. Sure, it kinda looks like it could have come out 5 years ago, but another gothic/TES type game on the market isn't a bad thing. Hopefully it reviews pretty well.
#22machetemanPosted 8/11/2014 7:01:16 PM
looks like a roll simulator
#23AnimorganimatePosted 8/11/2014 7:44:38 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
biohazard1775 posted...
I'll wait until I finish the Gothic games and Risen 1.

no need, Risen 3 has a new Nameless Hero.

His name is Robert Paulson.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#24ComradeRyan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 12:06:59 PM
IGN Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0fp9ZIKDkU
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#25chandl34Posted 8/12/2014 12:42:17 PM(edited)
I'm only interested in reviews made by Gothic fans. No comparisons to the older games == worthless review.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#26machetemanPosted 8/12/2014 3:05:55 PM
chandl34 posted...
I'm only interested in reviews made by Gothic fans. No comparisons to the older games == worthless review.

like....the whole point of a professional review....is that its not biased.

Yet you're stating that you only want to read reviews by people who are clearly biased towards an IP by the same developers.
#27chandl34Posted 8/12/2014 3:30:15 PM(edited)
macheteman posted...
chandl34 posted...

like....the whole point of a professional review....is that its not biased.

Yet you're stating that you only want to read reviews by people who are clearly biased towards an IP by the same developers.

Right... I want to know from other fans of Gothic 1/2 if the series is good again, or if it still has the problems from Risen 2. Don't care about some idiot that complains that they reused assets from the last game.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#28jedinatPosted 8/12/2014 4:21:24 PM
ComradeRyan posted...
IGN Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0fp9ZIKDkU

Pretty lame review... I felt like the guy purposefully tried to make everything sound bad and he just didn't like the game.
#29chandl34Posted 8/13/2014 5:55:49 PM
I ended up buying it. So far, I would say the combat is a slight improvement over Risen 2, but still not as good as Risen 1 or Gothic 1/2. Unfortunately, you can still pause the game during combat (or use the quickbar), so you aren't forced to get good at the game to survive like in Gothic 1/2. It's too early to tell if the game uses a companion 90% of the time again. Hopefully not. Also not happy to see guns (muskets especially) are still in the game. I'll figure out later if they're still as unbalanced as they were in Risen 2.

The tutorial was really sloppy, but it's not so bad now that it's over.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#30HaxnStashPosted 8/13/2014 6:13:51 PM
chandl34 posted...
I ended up buying it. So far, I would say the combat is a slight improvement over Risen 2, but still not as good as Risen 1 or Gothic 1/2. Unfortunately, you can still pause the game during combat (or use the quickbar), so you aren't forced to get good at the game to survive like in Gothic 1/2. It's too early to tell if the game uses a companion 90% of the time again. Hopefully not. Also not happy to see guns (muskets especially) are still in the game. I'll figure out later if they're still as unbalanced as they were in Risen 2.

The tutorial was really sloppy, but it's not so bad now that it's over.

To me, the combat is pretty good compared to Risen 2. Sword fights are fun with multiple enemies now (to me at least). It's much more smooth and collision detection (I think that's the word) is much better. Also, the combat seem to remind me of Witcher 2 in terms of letting you dodge roll to evade enemy attacks most of the time. I end up doing the same combat strategy from Witcher 2. Dodge roll and wait for an opening to attack.

Also, from what I can tell, companions are back, but you have the option to run solo if you wanted. So far, I like having them as they always seem to have something to say when you enter or discover something new.