This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is my PC good enough for games?

#21ThisGuy101Posted 8/11/2014 9:40:23 PM
Garage_Man posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Joke topic?

With that PC you should be able to run almost any game at max/ultra settings….

Stealth brag. As they've been a member of the site since 2005 it would be hard to believe they would be this ignorant of technology.

Part that I don't get is there is nothing to brag about...It looks like a everyday PC to me.

Minus the $600 GPU.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#22foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 9:44:28 PM
Garage_Man posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Joke topic?

Stealth brag. As they've been a member of the site since 2005 it would be hard to believe they would be this ignorant of technology.

Part that I don't get is there is nothing to brag about...It looks like a everyday PC to me.

Exactly i dunno why people are getting upset and accusing me of bragging. The guy who gave it to me said it was okay
---
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN [TBA]
FINAL FANTASY XVersus [TBA]
#23Garage_ManPosted 8/11/2014 9:59:13 PM
ThisGuy101 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Joke topic?

Minus the $600 GPU.

I bought a 290x brand new with the factory warranty for $325. That GPU ain't worth $600.

Other than the GPU it's a fairly basic PC. Even with the GPU it STILL can't max out some games.
#24foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 1:47:59 PM(edited)
Garage_Man posted...
ThisGuy101 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Joke topic?

Minus the $600 GPU.

I bought a 290x brand new with the factory warranty for $325. That GPU ain't worth $600.

Other than the GPU it's a fairly basic PC. Even with the GPU it STILL can't max out some games.

Yeah, sounds like you found a special one-time deal... which now means the regular price "ain't worth it" anymore. lol

I did some research just now and it looks like the only single card that is better than the 290X is the 780 Ti which is $700... and the benchmarks are comparable. So if these cards can't even max out all games then LOL at PC gaming... maybe I should stick with consoles where you know all games will run the way you expect it to run.
---
#25VoidNoodlePosted 8/12/2014 4:26:20 PM
ok.
---
Steam: VoidNoodle PSN: VoidNoodle/SlashGeeGee
osu!: VoidNoodle
#26ClouddxPosted 8/12/2014 4:33:34 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
Yeah, sounds like you found a special one-time deal... which now means the regular price "ain't worth it" anymore. lol

I did some research just now and it looks like the only single card that is better than the 290X is the 780 Ti which is $700... and the benchmarks are comparable. So if these cards can't even max out all games then LOL at PC gaming... maybe I should stick with consoles where you know all games will run the way you expect it to run.

Okay, or you could just build a $400 computer that runs everything better than the new consoles... You're going to have to spend a lot to MAX out every single game because the graphics will be WAY ahead of what the consoles can do. Even the $400 PC I mentioned can run games at WAY better settings than the consoles.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#27foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 11:06:06 AM
Clouddx posted...
foxyReyoko posted...

Okay, or you could just build a $400 computer that runs everything better than the new consoles... You're going to have to spend a lot to MAX out every single game because the graphics will be WAY ahead of what the consoles can do. Even the $400 PC I mentioned can run games at WAY better settings than the consoles.

Yeah ok.

A GPU good enough by itself costs $400
---
#28Haley Joel OsmentPosted 8/13/2014 11:14:40 AM
foxyReyoko posted...

An R9 270 is $400 where you live?

---
I see dead people.
#29ClouddxPosted 8/13/2014 4:27:07 PM(edited)
foxyReyoko posted...
Clouddx posted...
foxyReyoko posted...

Yeah ok.

yeh, you know nothing about computers....

Here's a $400 build w/ a benchmark of Metro: LL http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Rbhqqs

Running at way better settings than the console versions and running at much higher FPS.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S