This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is my PC good enough for games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is my PC good enough for games?

User Info: ThisGuy101

ThisGuy101
2 years ago#21
Garage_Man posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Joke topic?

With that PC you should be able to run almost any game at max/ultra settings….

Stealth brag. As they've been a member of the site since 2005 it would be hard to believe they would be this ignorant of technology.

Part that I don't get is there is nothing to brag about...It looks like a everyday PC to me.

Minus the $600 GPU.
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig

User Info: foxyReyoko

foxyReyoko
2 years ago#22
Garage_Man posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Joke topic?

Stealth brag. As they've been a member of the site since 2005 it would be hard to believe they would be this ignorant of technology.

Part that I don't get is there is nothing to brag about...It looks like a everyday PC to me.

Exactly i dunno why people are getting upset and accusing me of bragging. The guy who gave it to me said it was okay
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN [TBA]
FINAL FANTASY XVersus [TBA]

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
2 years ago#23
ThisGuy101 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Joke topic?

Minus the $600 GPU.

I bought a 290x brand new with the factory warranty for $325. That GPU ain't worth $600.

Other than the GPU it's a fairly basic PC. Even with the GPU it STILL can't max out some games.

foxyReyoko
2 years ago#24
Garage_Man posted...
ThisGuy101 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Joke topic?

Minus the $600 GPU.

I bought a 290x brand new with the factory warranty for $325. That GPU ain't worth $600.

Other than the GPU it's a fairly basic PC. Even with the GPU it STILL can't max out some games.

Yeah, sounds like you found a special one-time deal... which now means the regular price "ain't worth it" anymore. lol

I did some research just now and it looks like the only single card that is better than the 290X is the 780 Ti which is $700... and the benchmarks are comparable. So if these cards can't even max out all games then LOL at PC gaming... maybe I should stick with consoles where you know all games will run the way you expect it to run.

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
2 years ago#25
ok.
Steam: VoidNoodle PSN: VoidNoodle/SlashGeeGee
osu!: VoidNoodle

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#26
foxyReyoko posted...
Yeah, sounds like you found a special one-time deal... which now means the regular price "ain't worth it" anymore. lol

I did some research just now and it looks like the only single card that is better than the 290X is the 780 Ti which is $700... and the benchmarks are comparable. So if these cards can't even max out all games then LOL at PC gaming... maybe I should stick with consoles where you know all games will run the way you expect it to run.

Okay, or you could just build a $400 computer that runs everything better than the new consoles... You're going to have to spend a lot to MAX out every single game because the graphics will be WAY ahead of what the consoles can do. Even the $400 PC I mentioned can run games at WAY better settings than the consoles.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

foxyReyoko
2 years ago#27
Clouddx posted...
foxyReyoko posted...

Okay, or you could just build a $400 computer that runs everything better than the new consoles... You're going to have to spend a lot to MAX out every single game because the graphics will be WAY ahead of what the consoles can do. Even the $400 PC I mentioned can run games at WAY better settings than the consoles.

Yeah ok.

A GPU good enough by itself costs $400
Haley Joel Osment 2 years ago#28
foxyReyoko posted...

An R9 270 is $400 where you live?
I see dead people.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#29
foxyReyoko posted...
Clouddx posted...
foxyReyoko posted...

Yeah ok.

yeh, you know nothing about computers....

Here's a $400 build w/ a benchmark of Metro: LL http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Rbhqqs

Running at way better settings than the console versions and running at much higher FPS.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is my PC good enough for games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived