This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Balanced, competitive, but still varied FPS?

#11dunkis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 5:22:24 PM
I play TF2 every once in a while but I don't like its style of play. Everyone fills a very specific role with specific weapons.
---
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf
#12Delta_F14Posted 8/11/2014 5:31:42 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
very few things that are blatantly overpowered (Gunslinger, Wrangler, Pomson)

None of those are OP, ya goof.
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#13Orestes417Posted 8/11/2014 5:32:46 PM
Delta_F14 posted...

Dude, if it killed me it's OP.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#14sn3akywafflesPosted 8/11/2014 5:37:07 PM
Easyle posted...
Nineteen99 posted...
iscareu13 posted...
CS:GO
- Decent Matchmaking (Decent Servers, Pretty Good at Even Teams, etc.)
- Drop System (Can easily make money and find awesome skins)
- A ranking system
- Tons of players
- Extremely competitive
- Extremely teamwork oriented (Once you get decent)
- Stat tracking

All with the community of a Moba.

rekt

gg ez n00b no re
---
High speed, low drag
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#15MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/11/2014 5:42:29 PM
Delta_F14 posted...

Right, not OP, just super annoying, (I was speaking from the perspective of a scout main in pubs) and in Pubs, nobody can take them out for long enough.

Well, Pomson is poorly designed, if not OP. It removes medic ubercharge and spy cloak! It counters two of engi's counters!
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#16GunmaN1905Posted 8/11/2014 5:50:12 PM
sn3akywaffles posted...
Easyle posted...
Nineteen99 posted...
iscareu13 posted...
- A ranking system
- Tons of players
- Extremely competitive
- Stat tracking

rekt

gg ez n00b no re

Lmao, haven't seen 1999 in a while.
Worst player in every game he touches apperently. And the most depressed one also.

CS probably isn't for you TC, since you're a cod player.
#17rupok93Posted 8/11/2014 6:35:49 PM(edited)
Try insurgency. Its not run and gun like cod but you feel accomplished every kill and have to think about cover, positioning, etc because you die very quickly. Its not as harcore as arma or as easy as cod but it has a really nice balance that you can appreciate.

The current bf games are just as bad as cod, you die by 20 million random things that you can not predict or have any control over.

insurgency, you know you messed up.

Counter strike is also very good, very balanced and a pure shooter.
#18LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/11/2014 6:42:57 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
iscareu13 posted...
- A ranking system
- Tons of players
- Extremely competitive
- Stat tracking

Aww, is that true?

: (
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#19Orestes417Posted 8/11/2014 6:46:10 PM
Now that's complete crap. There's very little "Random" about modern BF games, at least no moreso than any of the series, although there is plenty you might not be equipped to deal with solo. Get sniped by a guy halfway across the map? learn to use cover more proactively. Get slaughtered by a tank? Respawn as a class with explosives. Spawn trapped? Stop playing Metro you ****ing scrub.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#20rupok93Posted 8/11/2014 6:59:02 PM(edited)
Orestes417 posted...
Now that's complete crap. There's very little "Random" about modern BF games, at least no moreso than any of the series, although there is plenty you might not be equipped to deal with solo. Get sniped by a guy halfway across the map? learn to use cover more proactively. Get slaughtered by a tank? Respawn as a class with explosives. Spawn trapped? Stop playing Metro you ****ing scrub.

Really? Cause the thousands of bs with lock on or the mortar to targets dots on your map, or the freaking constant spam of uavs from commander, all of that stuff takes lots of skill.

Don't even get me started on hit registration and dying behind cover.

Not to mention the horrendous map design that outright make it impossible to play rush and some other games modes on some of them because they are hugely stacked against one side.

Also I actually think the vehicles are one of the main issues, not that they are op but they are the opposite. They made vehicles so underpowered that they feel like paper, bc2, bf2 tanks felt like tanks, bf4 they are just different super squishy and noticeable infantry.

But all my complaints will be summed up to someone saying "get better noob".

The last balanced bf game was bc2 even with the orange doritoes on your head constantly. Every equipment, class, vehicle was balanced besides the m60 which was later fixed. There is so much crap in bf4 that its impossible to balance in any way.