This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Balanced, competitive, but still varied FPS?

#21dunkis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 6:58:23 PM
Let's try not getting to feisty now. But yeah, I figured BF was going the way of CoD where they're feature saturated to the point it's more annoying than fun. I'll check out the few suggestions I got.
---
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf
#22Orestes417Posted 8/11/2014 7:04:56 PM(edited)
1. If you die to mortar you very probably deserved it and I will point and laugh at you.
2. The lock on launchers are weak as hell unless used with some coordination or against a pilot with the skills of a turnip. Neither are issues.
3. Oh noes, the commander, if there is one, can be a glorified spotter with the occasional cruise missile. Go back to BF2 and learn what artillery will do to you.
4. the gun balance on the whole is better in BF4 than it was in all it's predecessors. The class balance needs a little tweaking, but when is that ever not the case.
5. Whining about "skill" is scrub speak for it's not my fault I'm a corpse. Refrain from doing it. Man up and play harder.

I do agree the map design needs work. Particularly they need to make specific maps for specific modes instead of trying to do one size fits all. They also need to drop Rush from mainline BF and do a proper Bad Company built specifically for it.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#23Blobs_Posted 8/11/2014 9:05:37 PM
Well if you're into the thing, quake live is still faaaairly active.
---
is haha
#24iimthomasPosted 8/11/2014 10:42:36 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Nineteen99 posted...
iscareu13 posted...
CS:GO
- Decent Matchmaking (Decent Servers, Pretty Good at Even Teams, etc.)
- Drop System (Can easily make money and find awesome skins)
- A ranking system
- Tons of players
- Extremely competitive
- Extremely teamwork oriented (Once you get decent)
- Stat tracking

All with the community of a Moba.

Aww, is that true?

: (

Not really. I'm a double ak rank, which is slightly above average. The community is okay, people don't really bash you if you are bad. You definitely get frustrated when you are with a bad player though, just like a moba.
#25LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/11/2014 11:18:34 PM
I'm not averse to abrasiveness (I played Diablo 2 online for years).

Just making sure it's not a complete cesspool like L4D2 or something like that. I've been meaning to give it a try
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#26ripvisionPosted 8/11/2014 11:48:22 PM
Bad Company 2 is still active and available off steam.
#27_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/12/2014 12:48:41 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Nineteen99 posted...
iscareu13 posted...
- A ranking system
- Tons of players
- Extremely competitive
- Stat tracking

All with the community of a Moba.

Aww, is that true?

: (

While it is true, it is not like there are many online games out there with a community that is much better. For example, CS:GO and BF4 are very different games. But when you play a few online games, you will see right away that in both communities, the people who tend to be vocal also tend to be unpleasant.

If you are going to choose a shooter based on the quality of the community. Well, good luck.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Zowie EC1 Evo White
#28itzzsinnedPosted 8/12/2014 1:08:51 AM
iscareu13 posted...
- A ranking system
- Tons of players
- Extremely competitive
- Stat tracking
- Constantly getting updates
- Not too slow (Battlefield), but also not too fast (Quake)
- Actually a decent spectator game

-The matchmaking system is awful because VAC is garbage. There are a ton of cheaters at the higher ranks. Also matchmaking pugs are far from competitive and there will be little to no teamwork involved.
-Why the hell are skins/stat trak weapons a positive thing? They have no influence on the gameplay and should not be a factor in deciding to play the game.
-The game gets worse with each update.
-CS:GO is a terrible game to spectate.
#29GunmaN1905Posted 8/12/2014 5:00:23 AM
-If you want to play semi-competitively and want to dedicate yourself to the game, just play on ESEA for example. $7 a month isn't that much.
-They're a positive thing because I can sell them on market and buy actual games for that money.
-Sometimes they do stupid things, and I think we have to realize we'll never get competitive FPS as good as 1.6 again.
-Who cares, all fps games are, at least ones I've watched.
#30HappyHippo04Posted 8/12/2014 6:05:56 AM
Insurgency. Try it out.
---
PC | Wii U | 3DSXL | Vita
FC: 4639-9367-1408