This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think we'll ever get Warcraft 4?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think we'll ever get Warcraft 4?
1 year ago#11
I believe it will be made. Warcraft III was huge and I just cannot see Blizzard NOT tapping into the potential earnings it can make with Warcraft IV. I myself am waiting for Warcraft IV and I think that someday it will happen, but not in the near future. If Blizzard makes the right business decisions and doesn't go out of business (which I doubt it will, anytime soon anyway), then yes, Warcraft IV will most likely happen. It's too huge to pass up.
1 year ago#12
Warcraft III sold over 40 million. No way in hell we aren't seeing some sort of Warcraft RTS announcement by the end of this decade.
1 year ago#13
Easyle posted...
Warcraft III sold over 40 million. No way in hell we aren't seeing some sort of Warcraft RTS announcement by the end of this decade.

I would put some over/under money on the end of this decade.
---
hasa diga eebowai
1 year ago#14
@Gunman

I think RTS could come back into the competitive fold now. WC3 was successful for many reasons, primarily because it was the first MOBA/RTS hybrid and supported an amazing community custom map/gametype scene. If anything the Warcraft franchise is only stronger now, due to WoW, but I think the fans are ready for something new, and WC4 could do it.
---
XBL GT= illidan z PSN = HaganJR
Steam = mhagan1986 Origin = HaganJR
1 year ago#15
Everything cycles
give it 8-10 years, it will come
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
1 year ago#16
Worknofun370 posted...
As long as Blizzard doesn't go under, a WC4 RTS will come out at some point.

This. They're unlikely to put it out until WoW is at least unpopular, as a means of reinvigorating the franchise or just continuing the story. In the meantime they're putting all of that world's story into wow.
1 year ago#17
once SC2 is abit older I would be surprised to never see a warcraft 4, the trouble is waiting that long.....

:(
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
1 year ago#18
so 2020 release date? 18 years after the prior installment. That is almost on Wasteland level :-)
---
XBL GT= illidan z PSN = HaganJR
Steam = mhagan1986 Origin = HaganJR
1 year ago#19
Hagan posted...
@Gunman

I think RTS could come back into the competitive fold now. WC3 was successful for many reasons, primarily because it was the first MOBA/RTS hybrid and supported an amazing community custom map/gametype scene. If anything the Warcraft franchise is only stronger now, due to WoW, but I think the fans are ready for something new, and WC4 could do it.

Well, I'd surely like to see new warcraft RTS no doubt, but as I said there are better options now.
We'll have most of those maps in source 2 engine again by the end of the year.
People like warcraft, but not everyone that plays MMO game will be interested in RTS game.
1 year ago#20
It doesn't really matter. Blizzard is Blizzard in name only these days, and Warcraft IV would be too.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think we'll ever get Warcraft 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived