This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the PC RPG that had the most enjoyable combat system for yourself?

#21DAP1MP13Posted 8/12/2014 6:08:55 PM
SpazH3d posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Combat in Kingdoms of Amalur can be very fun. Also, the combat in Dragon's Dogma (Dark Arisen) is really enjoyable, but it's not on pc afaik.

Yeah I was gonna vote for that. :P Then I realized the thread said PC RPG. Haha. It's pretty good. Best boss climbing mechanic ever. Oh uhh... perhaps Shadow of the colossus is better in that aspect.

Yeah man, Dragon's Dogma has (or hadů.) the potential to be a legendary action RPG.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN ID: DAP1MP13
#22PhilOnDezPosted 8/12/2014 6:13:27 PM
Mass Effect 3 if that counts. Aside from a severe case of one-button-does-everything-itis that was inherited from the console version it's pretty great.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#23MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/12/2014 6:20:08 PM
The Last Remnant was thoroughly enjoyable.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#24Darkcloud20Posted 8/12/2014 6:20:14 PM
ripvision posted...
Witcher 2 for sure and Dark Souls.

This, Amalur would be great if it wasn't so piss easy.
For more classical RPG I would say Baldurs Gate 2 or Neverwinter Nights 2 but that had a horrible camera.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#25jake-sfPosted 8/12/2014 6:26:48 PM
Anything that isn't Gothc, Mount & Blade, Risen, Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur and Witcher, for starters.

Yes, I'm naming every game thats popping out in this topic, but its just how it is.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#26SpazH3dPosted 8/12/2014 7:57:23 PM
jake-sf posted...
Anything that isn't Gothc, Mount & Blade, Risen, Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur and Witcher, for starters.

Yes, I'm naming every game thats popping out in this topic, but its just how it is.

Shut your mouth or name something better. You can't just come in here and whine and seem all mighty without naming something yourself. You really are annoying sometimes.
---
- My vision is augmented
#27akuma634Posted 8/12/2014 8:10:37 PM
For pure RPGs, I love Fallout. That was the very best turn based RPG system that I've played. You have everything tied to action points so you have to know how much you should move before you can't afford to attack or how many shots you should fire before you need reload. The targeted shot system was awesome too, it costs more AP and you do need strong skill points to get those shots off at a high percent, but shooting someone in eyes on a critical hit that makes them go blind is always satisfying. I also like what they did in Divinity: Original Sin, there's a very good strategic turn based combat system in that too.

When it comes to action RPGs, I do like what they did with the new Fallout games where it looks like a FPS, but everything you do is based on stats and what you roll. Every gunshot isn't going to hit, this isn't Halo. V.A.T.S. is a great way to bring back the strategy of the classic games, to take out the legs of a fast enemy or shoot the gun out of a super mutant's hands.

The other action RPG combat system I loved was Kingdoms Of Amalur, it's very tightly controlled and responsive. You always have full control of your character and you can cancel attacks into a block or roll, similar to God Of War. It has very awesome combat regardless of what class you play, and all of the enemies you encounter have patterns programed just in case you want to use stealth.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#28Fade2black001Posted 8/12/2014 8:15:50 PM
SpazH3d posted...
jake-sf posted...

Shut your mouth or name something better. You can't just come in here and whine and seem all mighty without naming something yourself. You really are annoying sometimes.

Well... He just did. And last I checked its the bloody internet. This is a place filled with trolls and other things. One can simply state his opinion and be done with it. You obviously don't agree with it and that's more than fine. Just label him as a troll/nuisance or both and be done with it. OR start an argument if you wish.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#29mogexpress1Posted 8/12/2014 8:25:18 PM
Temple of Elemental evil

Wished it had more ... everything.
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
#30good_mangorushPosted 8/12/2014 8:36:53 PM
SpazH3d posted...
jake-sf posted...

Dude, relax.
---
I am proud to be weeaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKheh_T0ho