This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the PC RPG that had the most enjoyable combat system for yourself?

#31LazyyAmericanPosted 8/12/2014 8:40:12 PM
We're all bored of being tired of one another...but how bout....Call of duty?!
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
#32Incendia_IntusPosted 8/12/2014 8:47:48 PM
Planescape Torment.

Kidding, kidding...

I enjoyed the combat inFallout 1&2, Baldur's Gate 2, Dragon Age Origins, and Divinity: OS a lot.
---
All childish acts of aggression, shall be handled with laughter.
#33NingishzidaPosted 8/12/2014 9:13:37 PM
Fallout 1/2 combat system is great if you're after a few lols, but it isn't really all that good on a tactical level. It does have some excellent death anims, meaty sound effects and chunky gore, so despite the lack of tactics you can sit back with a beer and be amused for hours at the violence and overall quirks of the system.

Truly great tactical turn-based games are Temple of Elemental Evil and Jagged Alliance 2.
#34good_mangorushPosted 8/12/2014 9:13:46 PM
LazyyAmerican posted...
We're all bored of being tired of one another...but how bout....Call of duty?!

Your taste is bad, Naruto is the only one that deserve my vote.
---
I am proud to be weeaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKheh_T0ho
#35samurai1900Posted 8/12/2014 9:15:39 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
The Last Remnant was thoroughly enjoyable.

This, and Neverwinter Nights 2.

Worthy mentioning to The Witcher 2.
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
The Ultimate Meloetta Gallery by yours truly! - http://imgur.com/a/Euwf3
#36DAP1MP13Posted 8/12/2014 9:22:08 PM
SpazH3d posted...
jake-sf posted...
Anything that isn't Gothc, Mount & Blade, Risen, Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur and Witcher, for starters.

Yes, I'm naming every game thats popping out in this topic, but its just how it is.

Shut your mouth or name something better. You can't just come in here and whine and seem all mighty without naming something yourself. You really are annoying sometimes.

This man deserves a prize. Thank you.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN ID: DAP1MP13
#37gamewizard11Posted 8/12/2014 9:38:04 PM
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
#38GlassDragoonPosted 8/12/2014 9:45:51 PM
Divinity: OS

Now, however, just from what I've heard, if i'd actually gotten around to playing Baldurs Gate 1 or 2 I may have a different answer.

Just so hard, never thought of myself as a graphics whore, but damn I have a hard time playing those games.
#39HighOnPhazonPosted 8/12/2014 9:49:14 PM
I just wasted 8 hours of my life I will never get back on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Holy christ that game's combat is terrible, and the game is terrible. I would have told you back in '04 it was bad. No amount of patches can fix mediocrity.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#40DAP1MP13Posted 8/12/2014 10:03:32 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I just wasted 8 hours of my life I will never get back on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Holy christ that game's combat is terrible, and the game is terrible. I would have told you back in '04 it was bad. No amount of patches can fix mediocrity.

Aw man, really? A lot of people/users have recommended that I play that because of how much I loved Deus Ex:HR. They said it has similar gameplay mechanics.

Although, the game did look kind of crappy from the YouTube vids I've watched…….
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN ID: DAP1MP13