This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the PC RPG that had the most enjoyable combat system for yourself?

#51PaperDiddyKongPosted 8/13/2014 2:26:03 AM(edited)
Temple of Elemental Evil
Dark Souls
Witcher 2
Mount anad Blade: With Fire and Sword.
Divinity: Original SIn.

I enjoyed the combat in all of those games. I'll never get why people hate W2's combat. Unless other crappy combat systems out there (like D3 or Skyrim), the game actually has "weight" to the combat.
#52NingishzidaPosted 8/13/2014 2:28:43 AM
PaperDiddyKong posted...
I'll never get why people hate W2's combat. Unless other crappy combat systems out there (like D3 or Skyrim), the game actually has "weight" to the combat.

You think the Witcher 2 combat has "weight"? What you're feeling is sluggish, floaty, unwieldy, unresponsive, gliding controls and other assorted embarrassing clunkiness that only a non-gamer would not be disgusted by, not "weight".

Dark Souls, Warband and Blade of Darkness are examples of ARPGs with "weighty" combat.
#53PaperDiddyKongPosted 8/13/2014 3:05:08 AM
Ningishzida posted...
PaperDiddyKong posted...
I'll never get why people hate W2's combat. Unless other crappy combat systems out there (like D3 or Skyrim), the game actually has "weight" to the combat.

You think the Witcher 2 combat has "weight"?

Yes, I think it does. Deal with it.
#54Reverend_WilsonPosted 8/13/2014 3:11:01 AM(edited)
Turn Based: Temple of Elemental Evil
Action: Witcher 2
RTwP: Dragon Age: Origin and Neverwinter Nights 2. Not a fan of the whole, "dispel" the mage thing from BG2.
---
Q Boned
#55TheRaven1406Posted 8/13/2014 3:45:36 AM
Turn based: Temple of Elemental Evil
Real time with Pause : Neverwinter Nights 1
#56Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 8/13/2014 4:45:40 AM
DAP1MP13 posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
I just wasted 8 hours of my life I will never get back on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Holy christ that game's combat is terrible, and the game is terrible. I would have told you back in '04 it was bad. No amount of patches can fix mediocrity.

Aw man, really? A lot of people/users have recommended that I play that because of how much I loved Deus Ex:HR. They said it has similar gameplay mechanics.

Although, the game did look kind of crappy from the YouTube vids I've watched…….

The combat in that game is the game's weakest feature. If you aren't pulled in by the story and setting, I wouldn't recommend the game. I do think the story and the voice acting is very good however, but I can't recommend the game due to the combat, for what it's worth.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#57SinisterSlayPosted 8/13/2014 5:00:39 AM
Guitar_Hero_Guy posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
I just wasted 8 hours of my life I will never get back on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Holy christ that game's combat is terrible, and the game is terrible. I would have told you back in '04 it was bad. No amount of patches can fix mediocrity.

Aw man, really? A lot of people/users have recommended that I play that because of how much I loved Deus Ex:HR. They said it has similar gameplay mechanics.

Although, the game did look kind of crappy from the YouTube vids I've watched…….

The combat in that game is the game's weakest feature. If you aren't pulled in by the story and setting, I wouldn't recommend the game. I do think the story and the voice acting is very good however, but I can't recommend the game due to the combat, for what it's worth.

Oh it's not that bad.
The third person gun play is fine for when it was made, you can run, gun, crouch, etc.
The sword play is kind of bad, you mostly just spam your click and hope they run out of HP before you do. The swords and such are mostly just for stealth kills. If your in actual combat, you'll use your guns.
If you really don't like the combat, play as Nasforatsu or Malkavian (I am sure I spelled those wrong) as both are stealth races.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#58Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/13/2014 5:06:33 AM
Souls games as far as ARPGs are concerned.

Fallout 1/2/Tactics as far as CRPGs are concerned.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#59Born LuckyPosted 8/13/2014 5:17:46 AM
Kingdoms of Amalur
Divinity 2
Sacred 2
Drakensang , Drakensang The River of Time
Two Worlds II
Gothic 2
Neverwinter Nights 2

There's no way I could pick just one
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#60Atrix65Posted 8/13/2014 5:52:26 AM
I was tempted not to say Witcher 2, as it was a dodgefest for me. But I liked the concept of his spells.

Mount and Blade: Warband for the Directional attacking and blocking.

I can't explain how I liked Divinity:OS' combat since I personally do not like turn-based games, but somehow I enjoyed it.
---
A big fan of stealth yet suck at it since 2009.