This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm thinking of giving Risen 3 a shot, or getting Dark Souls 2.

#21DeathofseasonsxPosted 8/14/2014 12:44:38 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Pfft. King's Field forevah. Souls games are for the unwashed masses.

Demons Souls and Dark Souls are also atmospheric masterpieces on par with Kings Field 1-4/Shadow Tower/Abyss, some of the best games ever made, sucks you have to miss out on them being an elitist.

Dark Souls 2 definitely doesn't come close to the previous games in the series, it is basically a well made imitation of Dark Souls that is different enough to feel fresh, though,having played both, Risen 3 feels more like it's previous iterations than DS2 could ever hope to.
---
As beautiful as the chance encounter of a sewing machine and an umbrella on an operating table.
#22YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/14/2014 12:49:50 PM
The sarcasm has been lost. I've never played a King's Quest game, I just laugh some every time people argue how much better the older Souls games are. So many people said how Demon's Souls was so much better than Dark Souls. They make DS2 more like Demon's Souls, and everyone goes on and on about how the first one is better.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
#23neroAngeloPosted 8/14/2014 1:20:24 PM
DS2 was bad so Risen 3 may be the better option.
---
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 920 @3.3GHz, 6GB DDR3, 7850 2GB
#24DaedalusExPosted 8/14/2014 2:19:32 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
They make DS2 more like Demon's Souls, and everyone goes on and on about how the first one is better.

They *tried to make DS2 more like Demon's Souls, but due to the new director's ignorance of what made that game great and/or lack of creative talent they failed to do so (and also failed at making DS2 as good as Dark Souls.)
#25machetemanPosted 8/14/2014 3:59:53 PM
I got bored of DS1, but I never got bored of DS2.

Much more enjoyable experience.
#26Death_BornPosted 8/14/2014 4:03:42 PM(edited)
Dark Souls 2 does feel like a true sequel. It's not anything close to "the same game".

Pay no attention to the Dark Souls 2 haters, they are all neckbeards nitpicking at small issues. Dark Souls 2 wasn't as good as the first, but it's still a fantastic game.
#27HighOnPhazonPosted 8/14/2014 4:10:14 PM
Still don't understand the Dark Souls 2 hate. It's just as good as Dark Souls 1, much better in some ways.

It has much better level design. People seem to forget about Lost Izalith, Tomb of Fallen Giants etc.

Those areas were pure ****.

I think people that hate on it PvP. If you don't care about that crap and just want to dungeon dive and kill monsters and become powerful, you'll enjoy the game for what it is.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#28yarsPosted 8/14/2014 5:36:52 PM
Evil_Worm posted...
yars posted...
if you like dark souls, you should like dark souls 2, maybe not quite as much as the first, but close. if you like dark souls and not dark souls 2 at all, it's because you're a sad little man who wasn't going to be happy with anything but a dark souls remastered edition.

I guess people are not supposed to expect a sequel to be better then it's predecessor, especially when the development team doubles in size, and said team has 3 years to work on it.

I also love the fact that instead of countering my points, or posting some good stuff about the game(like Guitar Hero did above), it's easier to attack anyone who dislikes the game. Bravo, splendid work.

you can expect a better sequel, and it's reasonable to believe dark souls 2 is not better than the first. but it is not reasonable to think that dark souls is an amazing game, and dark souls 2 is a bad game. they are close enough in quality that that position just makes you look sad.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#29DaedalusExPosted 8/14/2014 5:59:04 PM
yars posted...
they are close enough in quality that that position just makes you look sad.

The only thing sad is how shallow your understanding of the game must be to allow you to think that.
#30yarsPosted 8/14/2014 6:23:44 PM
lol
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.