This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We got nothing....

#51Fou LuPosted 8/13/2014 7:37:19 AM
Futureops- posted...
Xbox One is getting Rise of Tomb Raider, PS4 getting Silent Hill and Gamescom is happening like nobody cares about us!

What are we going to get?

Please don't name any PC exclusive game that isn't better than what they are getting. Screw the industry, PC is superior.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will be released on PC since nearly every Xbox One exclusive is being released on PC, and the game has been confirmed as a TIMED exclusive.

Silent Hill will be released on PC as Konami has been supporting PC with every major non-sports release.

How do you not know these facts?...
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#52PaukenPosted 8/13/2014 8:23:17 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
That's because there's no company representing the PC.

~ Nvidia is only relevant this gen since they failed to secure a contract with the console manufacturers. And all they do is childishly react to any console-related tech-demo with one of their own, usually missing the point at the same time.

~ CDPR (GOG) and their Galaxy initiative won't work. Not only is Valve holding people's games hostage, but publishers themselves would rather not opt for a DRM-free solution on PC.

~ Valve is either going to be absorbed or suffer in irrelevancy on Linux after Microsoft blocks everyone out of their marketplace with Windows 9.0 or later. Chances are they'll just go back to making games, multiplats this time round.

Source on the bolded section? If this is true, Microsoft may have just committed financial suicide. No one is gonna buy a PC that can only run what MS wants you to run.
#53psduckie1Posted 8/13/2014 8:28:14 AM
Pauken posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

~ Nvidia is only relevant this gen since they failed to secure a contract with the console manufacturers. And all they do is childishly react to any console-related tech-demo with one of their own, usually missing the point at the same time.

~ CDPR (GOG) and their Galaxy initiative won't work. Not only is Valve holding people's games hostage, but publishers themselves would rather not opt for a DRM-free solution on PC.

~ Valve is either going to be absorbed or suffer in irrelevancy on Linux after Microsoft blocks everyone out of their marketplace with Windows 9.0 or later. Chances are they'll just go back to making games, multiplats this time round.

Source on the bolded section? If this is true, Microsoft may have just committed financial suicide. No one is gonna buy a PC that can only run what MS wants you to run.

And Microsoft has already learned that the hard way. Remember Windows RT? Oh right, you don't because it flopped.
#54GoldninjaPosted 8/13/2014 8:31:34 AM
Oh no. No PC versions of Uninspired Graphics Showboater 3000 shown at the event? Oh well, I guess my backlog and the quadrabillion or so games already released on the platform/steam will have to suffice. Darn it.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#55SinisterSlayPosted 8/13/2014 8:35:19 AM
psduckie1 posted...
Pauken posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

And Microsoft has already learned that the hard way. Remember Windows RT? Oh right, you don't because it flopped.

That's blatantly false.
Windows 9 runs on the same win32 kernel as every other nt based windows and supports all the same functions. Steam (the program) is just a program like any others. Microsoft wouldn't stop it, and realistically couldn't.
Windows 10 however is supposed to be cloud based, so it's entirely possible by then we might have this problem. But part of the cloud based rumor was that Windows 9 would be supported in parallel with 10 so you would have a cloud based solution and a desktop solution.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#56GoldninjaPosted 8/13/2014 8:43:20 AM(edited)
Pauken posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

We have people that believe MS is trying to do this very thing with Windows 8, which doesn't do this very thing at all. So, I would take it with a grain of salt until it actually releases and we have people who have genuine experience with the OS to tell us one way or the other. They may try it. I mean, I wouldn't put it past them, but they should know by now that greedy business practices don't generally work with the PC market. Look at Games For Windows Live and see how it crashed and burned because we wouldn't accept the same garbage subscription service they use for the 360.

And even if MS did block everyone out of their store, it won't affect Steam in the slightest, as the guy above me says. So... what's the problem here? As for cloud based Windows 10, if that's true, screw that. I don't like the cloud. I can see the convenience, but I don't operate that many computers at once for it to be beneficial.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#57psduckie1Posted 8/13/2014 8:44:48 AM
Goldninja posted...
Pauken posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

We have people that believe MS is trying to do this very thing with Windows 8, which doesn't do this very thing at all. So, I would take it with a grain of salt until it actually releases and we have people who have genuine experience with the OS to tell us one way or the other. They may try it. I mean, I wouldn't put it past them, but they should know by now that greedy business practices don't generally work with the PC market. Look at Games For Windows Live and see how it crashed and burned because we wouldn't accept the same garbage subscription service they use for the 360.

They did try to do it with a special edition of Windows 8 called Windows RT. And Windows RT flopped so badly that today you can only buy it on one device: the Microsoft Surface 2. Windows RT flopped for exactly the reason you described: people didn't want to put up with that garbage!

Hell, Windows RT flopped even worse than Windows Me, and we all know how big of a turd Windows Me was.
#58frebuPosted 8/13/2014 8:47:16 AM
Goldninja posted...
Pauken posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

And even if MS did block everyone out of their store, it won't affect Steam in the slightest, as the guy above me says. So... what's the problem here? As for cloud based Windows 10, if that's true, screw that. I don't like the cloud. I can see the convenience, but I don't operate that many computers at once for it to be beneficial.

What you don't enjoy paying a cable company money so you can pay some other people money? Just so you can use the internet you already payed for on a device designed to use the internet? CRAZY!
---
Blaming guns for Columbine is like blaming spoons for Rosie O' Donald being so fat.
#59Futureops-(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 8:51:15 AM
frebu posted...
Goldninja posted...
Pauken posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

What you don't enjoy paying a cable company money so you can pay some other people money? Just so you can use the internet you already payed for on a device designed to use the internet? CRAZY!

+1
---
_______()>===<()______........._______I_
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-----------------^^----J
#60TropicMoon10Posted 8/13/2014 8:52:26 AM
Microsoft and Valve aren't bitter enemies. If anything they've started being more buddy-buddy with each other since GFWL died. Just look at games like Fable Anniversary, Dead Rising 3, Max: Curse of Brotherhood, etc. All Microsoft published games making their way to Steam very soon. There's no chance Windows will stop supporting that completely because of Xbox.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg