This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good is Dark Souls 2 as a rpg?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How good is Dark Souls 2 as a rpg?
1 year ago#11
You ever played a Souls game?

If not, get Dark Souls 1 and 2. They're both good and different. Some people like things from 1 more than 2, like different areas and enemy types. Since you have a controller it should be quite fun to play.

games_pot1 posted...
I bought Dark Souls 2 because a friend wanted to play with me, I had a good time. Without him though it wouldn't have been as fun.

Also, like this demonstrates, multiplayer can be/is a huge part of the game. Both games let you co-op with friends (though you need a mod for the first game to let you do it efficiently). Totally recommended if you have friends to play with. Even if you don't like the game it'll probably be fun just to play with a friend.
---
Steam: Sydite
1 year ago#12
Any cheap 5-10$ games you recommend?
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.2.2
1 year ago#13
Loshadt posted...
If you want to play a Souls game do yourself a favor and play the first Dark Souls instead.

---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
1 year ago#14
Voelger posted...

Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut is $5 on GMG right now.
---
Steam: Sydite
1 year ago#15
That fits my criteria
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.2.2
1 year ago#16
Dark Souls has fantastic combat, though the character development comes mainly through the weapons and armor you use, stats don't really mean much.
1 year ago#17
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

You probably already know, but Dark Souls 2 has no pause or quicksave/quickload to carry you along the game, if that's an issue.

if you 'quit' the game session it saves

the souls series saves the game CONSTANTLY so if you mess up you can't load a previous file

but yeah souls is an action rpg. it's like lord of the rings combined with castlevania

it's pretty good
1 year ago#18
Voelger posted...
I am wanting a RPG with controller support.

I would like fantasy setting
Openish world
Character creator/development
Fun

Kingdoms of Amalur has all of this. Great with a controller. Pretty open world. Very fantasy themed. A touch too easy so I would suggest playing on hard. Pretty fun for the most part, game is huge though. The level cap is too low for the size of the world.
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
1 year ago#19
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Voelger posted...

Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut is $5 on GMG right now.

Sorry for bumping, but this is a great RPG. The upgrades effect the way the game is approached on and off missions. You feel like you are Jensen in a (my opinion) terrible cybernetic society. I quit playing because about a quarter way through they send the open-world part of the game to a different location. All in all if I get the time Deus Ex would be a game that I would happily start over to enjoy throughout.
1 year ago#20
Spidey555 posted...
Voelger posted...
I am wanting a RPG with controller support.

I would like fantasy setting
Openish world
Character creator/development
Fun

Kingdoms of Amalur has all of this. Great with a controller. Pretty open world. Very fantasy themed. A touch too easy so I would suggest playing on hard. Pretty fun for the most part, game is huge though. The level cap is too low for the size of the world.

Minus the fun part
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How good is Dark Souls 2 as a rpg?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived